We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Mexican tacos

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Mexican tacos

My wife got her wish when I asked for the best Fish tacos, not being a fish lover, I would like to know where the best tacos can be found, chicken or beef, looking forward to some great salsa and chips and tacos in KW in a few days!

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
9,330 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Mexican tacos

My favorite tacos are at Chicos. Best Mexican restaurant in town in my opinion.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,207 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Mexican tacos

I like Chico's but you will need transportation to get there; it's on Stock Island. Lupita's is also good and is closer, on the corner of Bertha and Flagler but can still be a bit of a hike depending on where you're staying. Amigo's has the best old town location on Greene Street, but honestly I'm just not crazy about it. I know most people seem to love it, but we've eaten there twice and neither time was great. Supposedly Salsa Loca is almost ready to reopen in the next few days on Petronia and I used to really love their food. I'm hoping it's as good as it was when it was in the 900 block of Duval before they moved to Cowboy Bill's. We'll be in town for a week beginning next Saturday and will definitely give them a try if they are open by then but will wait to give any recommendation until we eat there.

Deception Island
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Mexican tacos

In Mexico :-)

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,693 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Mexican tacos

We drive from Marathon for Chico's!

Williamsville, New...
Level Contributor
545 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Mexican tacos

Chico's is definitely worth the trip if you have a car or want a real good work out on a bicycle. If you are walking & don't want to leave Old Town I would pick Salsa Loco. I believe they are reopening on Wednesday. In a pinch or late night Amigos is good but their burritos are much better than their tacos & their breakfast burritos are very good.

Level Contributor
14 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Mexican tacos

Amigo's had a great atmosphere and excellent food! (plus a very nice array of hot sauces!) Their chicken, beef, and pork tacos are all tasty!

Level Contributor
14 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Mexican tacos

Amigo's had a great atmosphere and excellent food! (plus a very nice array of hot sauces!) Their chicken, beef, and pork tacos are all tasty!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Mexican tacos

I agree with CruiseMom.. Amigo's is not very good. We love mexican food but this place is just gross.

We've tried it twice now and both times just icky.. Last trip we ordered burritos and took them back to the room one night. They had mayonnaise on our chicken burritos! YUCK! and not a little.. it was globbed on...

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
166 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Mexican tacos

@ cruisemom-

" Supposedly Salsa Loca is almost ready to reopen in the next few days on Petronia and I used to really love their food. I'm hoping it's as good as it was when it was in the 900 block of Duval before they moved to Cowboy Bill's. "

Black fin Bistro is now, right? I wondered if anyone remembered Salsa Loca when it was on it's own before Cowboy Bill's! That's one of the first places we ate on our very first visit to KW and we loved it, then it moved into Cowboy Bills and we still liked it, just liked it better on its own. I hope it has reopened by the time we are there all next week. I've been following their progress on Facebook :-)

4 days.....

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Mexican tacos

They are hopefully opening on Wednesday with a limited menu.