We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which snorkeling trip do you recommend & why?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
797 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Which snorkeling trip do you recommend & why?

We'll be in KW for almost two weeks in late Aug and want to go out on at one or two snorkeling trips.

Recent neck surgery, so we're not looking for speed. We like the outdoors, nature, and seeing wildlife, but gotta watch our expenses and want to avoid any booze cruises.

We are thinking of spluging on Island Ting with Sebago and are looking for best price on that.

Any specials out there for Aug? Is the KW Gold Card worth it for activities?

Thank you!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,777 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which snorkeling trip do you recommend & why?

I think Sebago's trip is the best. Breakfast (quiche, etc) snorkelung at either the reef or backcountry, lunch, kayacking, and snacks on the way in . Limied to 20 people on the Pelican.

If Segabo is included on the Gold Card it will pay for itself.

Pjk

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
797 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which snorkeling trip do you recommend & why?

Sebago's snorkel trip is on the Gold Card but it's actually a little more than Sebago's online price.

That's what makes me hesitate on buying a discount card when the discounts are already out there, if you can find them.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
250 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which snorkeling trip do you recommend & why?

I don't recommend Sebago or Fury: They're are two big box businesses and I'd much rather give my money and time to a smaller operation that's based in KW. Tons of them to choose from.

Personally, I always go with Blue Ice Charters. Great price, great boat, great crew.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
797 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which snorkeling trip do you recommend & why?

Private charters are WAY out of our budget. It's just myself and hubby

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,777 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which snorkeling trip do you recommend & why?

Again, Sebago takes 20 people on the Island T'ing.

I meant that if you got the Gold card and used it as a discount for the Sebago trip, every other use after that is a saving, so it seems.ike a good deal to me.

Pjk

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which snorkeling trip do you recommend & why?

Sebago Island T'ing is nice and would make for a great day but you may also want to check out Dolphin Echo which is an even smaller catamaran. They take you out to see dolphins in the wild and then to snorkel. It is not a private excursion but we have gone out with them 3-4 times now and each time there were only 6-10 people. It is very nice.

Both trips are very nice. You kayack with Island T'ing which you do not do with the Echo. We really do not enjoy kayacking which is why if we could pick only 1 we would pick the Echo.

Dolphin Echo Review- May 2013 tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34345-d1118…

Sebago Island T'ing Review- May 2009 tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34345-d6479…

7. Re: Which snorkeling trip do you recommend & why?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 05:18