We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked!! Where do very young 50's yr old women go to party?

northwest
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Booked!! Where do very young 50's yr old women go to party?

We have booked our trip for June 2014. We are a group of four women who have been friends for 40 years. We go someplace every year for a week. I have been trying to get them there for years. I have been about 4 or 5 times but with my sweetie. SOOOOO we love to go dancing to live music, have drinks, good food , ride our bikes meet people ( some are single) so where do we go to kick our feet up and not be the only people in our age group?

Thanks much

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,249 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked!! Where do very young 50's yr old women go to party?

Everywhere!

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked!! Where do very young 50's yr old women go to party?

Ha! That was my answer too!

Anywhere and everywhere, just get there!

Rockaway Beach, NY
Level Contributor
359 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked!! Where do very young 50's yr old women go to party?

Agree with above answers So many places to hit you may not make all of them and age doesn't matter. Green Parrot, Irish Kevins, Durty Harry's, Hog's Breath, Sloppy Joe:s, The Bull, Garden of Eden(clothing optional bar some good DJs at night), Aqua, 801 Bourbon ..... the list goes on. You'll enjoy any or all of them. My group are all in our mid 40's and we have never felt out of place....well except maybe once. At Rick's Cabaret. It's a dance club with a decidedly younger crowd. Wasn't made to feel unwelcome or anything but just wasn't for us.

northwest
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booked!! Where do very young 50's yr old women go to party?

Thanks everybody! I am so excited to take them there. All the places sound great and I have been to some. I think we may skip Garden od Eden or at least op for leaving the clothes on. Nobody needs to witness that. noted on the Rick's scene. Last time I was there it rained a lot. We went to drag queen bingo and had a blast.

Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booked!! Where do very young 50's yr old women go to party?

We skip all the above and go to the Smokin' Tuna every night.

northwest
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booked!! Where do very young 50's yr old women go to party?

I did not go there (Smokin Tuna) the last time I was there. What kind of place is it? Live music?

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
36,092 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booked!! Where do very young 50's yr old women go to party?

Look at Fury's sunset sail with live music ---> furycat.com/key-west/sunset-sailing-music.htm

Pjk

U.S.A.
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booked!! Where do very young 50's yr old women go to party?

801 is fun (though it's a g-a-y bar, you will find a diverse group in there). Do the drag show! I also love the history and feel of Captain Tony's (check out the lyrics that Jimmy Buffett wrote on the men's wall to Last Mango In Paris). Bourbon St Pub after 10:00pm and you can get to know the stripper boys.

Do Hemingway House, the Aquarium, the Ghost & Gravestones tour. Eat at Jack Flats, Red Fish Blue Fish, Blue Heaven, grab a sub at Franco's Deli near the SouthernMost Point.

If you ladies wait and go during Thanksgiving week, I'll party with you! I'm pushing 50, but can still out-drink the college boys! Age means nothing (as long as you're legal, that is). Have a safe, fun trip! I look forward to your trip report!

northwest
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booked!! Where do very young 50's yr old women go to party?

Pjk- While I would love that one of the girls get seasick. Thanks for the info though. I can use it for when I go with my Guy!

Blueonblue21- I do want to do a drag show while there as I have never done one. I do love Capt Tony's but have never had a reason to enter the men's room Now I do!!!

Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booked!! Where do very young 50's yr old women go to party?

Yes, Smokin' Tuna has great live music. Below is their website and they have a webcam so you can check out the music and the bar itself. Tune in one night while Caffeine Carl is playing. He usually starts around 9:30 and that's about the time the Tuna really gets lively. They have fun bartenders and good food too.

http://smokintunasaloon.com/index.php