We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key West Activities

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
Key West Activities

We will be in KW next Monday-Saturday and have finally booked the essentials (thanks to all who graciously helped!).

Now, I'm needing to figure a few things to do. We absolutely love the water and are hoping to get out on it as much as possible. After reading posts on here I'm interested in the full day sailing, kayaking, snorkeling trip with Danger as it seems to get great reviews. Anyone ever do any of the wave runner tours? Any other boating adventures we should look into? My husband is a big boater and would love to rent a boat but I'm a little nervous after reading the feedback on boating in the keys. How is the trip to Dry Torugas?

We'll most likely do a trolley tour upon arrival to learn a little about KW and to get our bearings.

What would be the best beach to take a book and read at? The quieter the better.

Anything else?

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,803 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Key West Activities

The Key West Chamber of Commerce's web page has a 10% off coupon for any Danger trip. 20% off if you book two things, so a Wind & Wine might be a possibility.

keywestchamber.org/coupons/keywestboating.as…

Pjk

key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Key West Activities

You can always find a quiet place at ft Zach. Not necessarily on the nicer beach area but under the pines,away from the more crowded area is where I'd hide.

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
31 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Key West Activities

Fort Zach would be the best quiet beach! And we've done both Barefoot Billy's and the Sunset Charters for the jet skiing tour. Both were great and each took about 2 hours.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Key West Activities

Since its your first trip you may want to consider skipping the Dry Tortugas. They are beautiful but the boat trip will take a full day. If you can swing the sea plane, I recommend doing it that way. It is gorgeous, fun and different. :)

Danger is a great day on the water. Another favorite of mine is the Dolphin Echo www.dolphinecho.com

It is a small catamaran. Everytime we have gone out with them it has been just great.. small... small group usually about 6 people when we have been out. They take you on a pretty sail and you find dolphins and watch them play.. then you sail to a snorkel spot and do some snorkeling.. It's really fun...

My review from May: tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34345-d1118…

Enjoy your trip!

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Key West Activities

I love to read under the pine trees at Fort Zach. Just looking at the water is so relaxing. For a jet ski tour, I'd recommend Barefoot Billy's.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
481 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Key West Activities

One of my favorite places in Key West is the Key West Garden Club at the West Martello Tower. It is free and there are some really lovely, peaceful spots to sit and read including one right above the beach. Other than that Fort Zach under the trees is nice and if you want sun the other side of the park, along the rock wall and up towards the cruise ship pier is quiet too.

7. Re: Key West Activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2014, 06:20