We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help picking snorkeling trip??

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
229 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Help picking snorkeling trip??

Hi looking for a snorkeling trip for adults. Never been to key west so want to snorkel in a beautiful spot! Would like to go out with a company thats not to crowded with alot of people. Any suggestions??

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,802 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help picking snorkeling trip??

Look at the Floridays, a nice sailboat that goes out of the Hyatt pier and usually doesn't take more than a dozen people ---> http://floridays.org/

But you could also consider Fury's Double Dip trip. They do two snorkel stops in about the same amount of time using a faster motorized catamaran.

furycat.com/mobile/double-dip-adventure.php

Pjk

Edited: 05 August 2013, 22:57
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help picking snorkeling trip??

Pjk- do you like these two trips better than Danger?

newburgh, ny
Level Contributor
82 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help picking snorkeling trip??

Check out danger charters!!! They offer a full day sailing, snorkeling, & kayaking trip that was the highlight of my trip to the keys!!! They limit the number of people on the boat to twenty people so they really get to know you & make you feel like a guest on their own personal boat! It was around $100 per person for the excursion, but money well spent would be an understatement!! My husband & I couldn't say enough about Brian, Jen, & will when we went last year. I can't wait to spend another day with them next week!!!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,802 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help picking snorkeling trip??

Danger doesn't do a snorkel- only trip so when people ask specifically for snorkeling, I generally don't mention them. Plus I think conditions are better at the reef and Danger, because of the distance, doesn't go out there.

So yes I prefer the two mentioned to Danger in this case, but Danger's half day trip, especially the late afternoon one with a sunset on the way in, is a nice trip.

Pjk

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,802 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help picking snorkeling trip??

The trip I keep forgetting about is the Appledore V which does a 5 hour snorkel-only trip out to the reef...

…shutterfly.com/media/…

The trip is designed to spend more time sailing and gives you approx 90 minutes to snorkel, and they do a big lunch. A normal morning or afternoon ttrip to the reef is three hours with approx 50 - 60 minutes to snorkel.

I was going to do this trip a week ago Friday but she had just had a new motor put in and they were still having trouble with it, so the trip was scrubbed. There was me and three other couples booked so it looks like for now a good trip to take if you can spend five hours (10:00 a.m.- approx 3:00) and want to spend more time in the water, but note that for now she is only saililng Thursday - Sunday.

www.keywestsebago.com/ship/appledore-v/

Pjk

Edited: 06 August 2013, 15:09
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help picking snorkeling trip??

We went with Fury's double dip morning trip and only 6 others were with us. Nice crew also.

7. Re: Help picking snorkeling trip??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2014, 06:20