We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainy Day Activites?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rainy Day Activites?

Aside from eating/drinking, can you list off some events or things to do in case this looming gulf storm brings rain this weekend? Too early to tell, I know, but I thought I should start researching just in case. We weren't planning on spending ANY time indoors...my list of to-dos depends on nice weather!

(2 adults celebrating 10 yr wedding anniversary!)

weather.com/video/…

Thank you in advance!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,796 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainy Day Activites?

The ever popular ---> http://tropiccinema.com/main.html

Right next to a great donut ship, Glazed Donuts.

Pjk

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,250 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainy Day Activites?

I love sitting at Peppers of Key West, tasting all of their awesome sauces! It's free and you can bring in your own beer! (Just be sure to bring enough to share with your server). I could sit there all day and the only thing it costs you is the beer you bring in, the cost of any sauces you might buy (no pressure!), and a tip for the person serving up the sauce and tortilla chips. Great place. We also went over and toured the Coast Guard Cutter Ingham during a rain storm. Nominal charge to get in and very interesting. It's over by the entrance to Ft. Zachary Taylor State Park. You will also find the Eco Discovery center there, and it's free (donations accepted!).

northwest
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rainy Day Activites?

Drag Queen bingo!!

northwest
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rainy Day Activites?

I meant to add more sooooo Key West is so fun rain or shine. You can go listen to live music all day long Schooners, Capt. Tony's, Hogs breath ( ham it up for the web cam at all the bars and call your friends to watch) . I'm sure there are many more places. We spent one rainy stormy day sitting at the Southern Most Beach café and Bar eating, drinking and talking had a BLAST!! Hemingways or trolley tour.

I love the old theater. I hate to shop but shopping. Have sandals made at Kino's.

We were there for a week 2 years ago in Oct rained no poured every day they said most rain since 1900's. we bought parkas and went about our fun as did everybody else. Rode our bikes in the puddles. Indoor games!!! No better place to be in the rain than KW!

northwest
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rainy Day Activites?

Oh buy a Key West Bar Card for 2-4-1 deals and bar hop!!!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,514 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rainy Day Activites?

visit the Mel Fisher Museum and see all that gold & silver they've pulled out of the Keys waters!

and the Key West Aquarium is just 2 blocks over.

and there's a great cigar store in the Cuban village near El Meson de Pepe, at Mallory Square.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,796 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rainy Day Activites?

There's always a little shopping in the Clinton Square Mall next to the Customs House.

Pjk

Kentucky
Level Contributor
479 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rainy Day Activites?

This isn't an activity, but pack an umbrella if you have room and a pair of sensible 'walking in the rain' shoes. I nearly broke a foot in my flip flops last October :-)

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,796 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rainy Day Activites?

There's always the "Duval Wade." …shutterfly.com/media/…

And the "Kiosk Float" …shutterfly.com/media/…

Or the "Find the extraneous Street Sign" contest …shutterfly.com/media/…

Pjk

Edited: 15 August 2013, 17:57
10. Re: Rainy Day Activites?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 06:20