We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I've never rented a car at EYW

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,977 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
I've never rented a car at EYW

We'll need to rent a car for an unexpected visit. We come in on a 9:00 p.m. flight. I've seen the rental booths there at the baggage pick-up area but will they still have people working at that time of night? I assume the cars are in the parking garage. I guess what I'm asking is if I'll be able to pick the car up that night or if I'll need to come back the next day? Thanks.

Deception Island
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: I've never rented a car at EYW

If you have a car reserved someone will be there.

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,175 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I've never rented a car at EYW

One time we came in late and the company we had the reservation with had closed for the night. The booth next to it gave us the same price for a car, no problem. Pretty sure someone will be there as long as the flights are still landing.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,354 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I've never rented a car at EYW

The operating hours should be listed on the rental car agency's website. We rented a car from Hertz at EYW in May to drive back to Orlando (flew down on Southwest for $49!) and the hours for that location were on my confirmation.

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
348 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I've never rented a car at EYW

One thing to note is that some car rental companies keep their cars off-site over on North Roosevelt, and you have to take a shuttle to pick up your car. It can be a pain, especially at night after traveling all day. I think those are Enterprise, Alamo and National, but I'm not totally sure.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I've never rented a car at EYW

Here is the list of which car rental companies are onsite and which have the shuttle: http://www.rentalcodes.com/florida.html . If you click the Key West link, it will show you the hours of each company. Hope this helps.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,977 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I've never rented a car at EYW

Thanks everyone, looks like they'll be there till 11.

7. Re: I've never rented a car at EYW

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 06:20