We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I want to visit key west if some already went or live there

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indian Harbour...
12 posts
Save Topic
I want to visit key west if some already went or live there

I would love to visit Key West Is it very different from other places. The mentality , I like when you see different way of living. Discover special things about the places. Is renting more expensive did a person already rent out a place. I like to have ocean-view heated pool friendly environment and a balcony which I love sitting outside after 4 pm and have a little appetizer and drink. Hope someone can help me. I like planing in advance. thks

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,459 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I want to visit key west if some already went or live there

I am not really sure what your question is?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,442 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I want to visit key west if some already went or live there

<<Is renting more expensive>> more expensive than what?

<<did a person already rent out a place>> either english is not your first language or you're using a "smart" phone to type the message.

Indian Harbour...
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: I want to visit key west if some already went or live there

Is the rent more expensive than Naples near the beach actually.If a person already went there and a little about it so I can make plans. What to see?What restaurants is good to eat near the beach. What attraction you real like and why? Some experience would help me start as my vacation would be about 7-14 days not sure yet. Would 14 day be to long. thks hope I m clear. Sometime a person might have went to Resort or a condo or a house and found it was really nice.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,169 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I want to visit key west if some already went or live there

The entire Key West Bight, the area at the harbor overlooking the water and the baots, is your veranda for appetizers and drinks after 4:00. Take a look--->

http://www.schoonerwharf.com/

http://www.conchrepublicseafood.com/

http://www.halfshellrawbar.com/

alonzosoysterbar.com/AlonzosOysterBarKeyWest…

All half-priced then.

Pjk

Indian Harbour...
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: I want to visit key west if some already went or live there

Thanks for the restaurants they look delicious. Do you know a safe community?

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,260 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I want to visit key west if some already went or live there

You might find it helpful to read some of the questions and replies already in the forum to give you an idea of what Key West is like. You'll probably find a lot of good information that will help you decide what you're looking for. Then if you come back and ask us more specific questions, you'll get better advice based on what you really want.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I want to visit key west if some already went or live there

Perhaps if you gave your lodging budget per day in $ someone can help find you some places to consider.

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I want to visit key west if some already went or live there

I agree with Cruisemom.....all your questions (I think) are answered on many threads thru-out this forum. the more specific you ask the better we can answer. and NO.....14 days is never enough !

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,906 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I want to visit key west if some already went or live there

You keep mentioning the beach. Just so you know the beaches in the keys are small, not miles of beaches to walk like Naple or Miami. Nor are they soft sugar sand like the gulf coast as the coral reef system makes the sand coarse. It is a beautiful and safe place. Lots of great places to stay and good food.

You mention renting, how long do you plan to stay? It only a week or 2 then a motel or Bed & breakfast would be fine. If longer you might look at www.vrbo.com to find a house or condo.

Key West has a main street called Duval street which runs thru the island. If you stay near Duval you can walk to many things. If you stay in the area called New Town you will need to drive and most likely pay for parking each day.

Many people spend a few days in Key West and a few days in the upper keys because the 2 areas are different from each other.

As suggested do some research. There are live cams of some places in Key West. Google live cams for there and you will find some links so you can view a few places and see if it works for you.

Iowa
Level Contributor
61 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I want to visit key west if some already went or live there

I like to stay at Eden House - good location, friendly people, nice pool, free Happy Hour. But a couple of years ago when we went with a larger group, we rented a house in Truman Annex through VRBO.com. That worked out well. Restaurants I like include some of those already mentioned as well as Blue Heaven and Pepes for breakfast. A&B Lobster House is good for a nice dinner. There is so much to see and do in Key West that you could stay for weeks and not get bored. I just published an article two days ago about one attraction: Audubon House and Tropical Gardens. If you are interested in reading more, you can link to my other Key West articles from there. Here's the link: …hubpages.com/_26b99yhn3ra12/hub/Audubon-Hou…