We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather and where to stay

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Weather and where to stay

Can someone tell me what the weather is like in mid to late January in key west; will it be a bit too cool for swimming? Also, this will be our first time in key west and we are torn between staying at one of the Waldorf hotels or at one of the historic inns near closer to the duval action; which would you recommend?

Thanks.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather and where to stay

The Waldorf hotels are nice.. people love them.. I just can't get myself to stay there because I like to be in a convenient location. We are Pier House fanatics.. :) Will be our 5th or 6th time there in October. Once we discovered it, we just can't stay elsewhere. It has a great, small beach with excellent bar service.. It's close to everything yet has a quiet and tropical feel when on the property. Its easy walking to the harbor walk for happy hours and boating excursions .. bars.. restaurants etc.very close.. .

You can walk from the Waldorf's but just not as convenient... There is even a CVS close by to Pier House for necessity's including beer for your cooler.

You cant go wrong though no matter what you choose.. Overall Key West is very small and you can get to anywhere pretty easily.

Edited: 25 August 2013, 15:27
Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather and where to stay

Thanks for the suggestion. The pier house looks great and it is definitely a better location, it is now at the top of my list.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather and where to stay

Glad to help! You will love the Pier House.. Really can't go wrong there.. :) Having the beach is great.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
121 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather and where to stay

Being from FL and GA, January is much too cold for me to swim, but plenty of other tourists do. As for where to stay, in my opinion, I would stay closer to the action for your first time in KW.

5. Re: Weather and where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2014, 06:21