We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southernmost Duval v on the beach

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Southernmost Duval v on the beach

Hi guys & girls, coming to KW late Sept early Oct, and thinking of staying at one of the Southernmost hotels, bit confused about a couple of things, it seems that on the beach has one pool with another two at the other hotel, which pool on the website is the on the beach one? Also is it far to the others, or is it literally across the road, we would also like a good room with a view, any advice welcome, thanks

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
9,604 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southernmost Duval v on the beach

The hotels are directly across the street from each other, there are three pools, 2 at southernmost hotel, and 1 at Southernmost on the beach (SOTB). There are many pictures on the web site, so I'm not sure which one you are referring to. If the picture has a view of the ocean from the pool, it is the one at SOTB.

The best room and views are are at SOTB in the newer section. The Ocean Front category has beautiful views, but they are also very expensive. The "west lawn" rooms are also nice and many have ocean views, but they do not the private balconies of the more expensive rooms. Finally, the rooms at Southernmost Hotel are all nice and recently renovated, but they do not have ocean views.

Keep in mind that time of year is the peak of the hurricane season, so I would consider trip insurance.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Southernmost Duval v on the beach

Thanks, thats great, I am concerned about the weather but have been to Fort Lauderdale a couple of times in Sept, I guess we have to take our chance or change our dates

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Southernmost Duval v on the beach

Thanks, thats great, I am concerned about the weather but have been to Fort Lauderdale a couple of times in Sept, I guess we have to take our chance or change our dates, also pretty sure it's no, but us it possible to do excursion to Cuba, I'm guessing we could go but would not get back in!

4. Re: Southernmost Duval v on the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 05:17