We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Concha

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
kentucky
Level Contributor
94 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
La Concha

The reviews regarding this hotel are making me nervous. We have a reservation there in a few weeks. We would appreciate any feedback from anyone who might be in Key West now or the next few weeks. Maybe we should change where we stay?

Key Largo, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key Largo
Level Contributor
1,869 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Concha

Why? I was there in October & will be there next Wednesday night. Yes, there is construction. It is during the day. Didn't keep me awake. It wasn't a big bother. I had a nice, newly renovated room on the quiet side of the hotel. Not sure if they started demolishing the roof top bar yet, but will know next week. Sad for that. The hotel is a great, convenient location.

Where would you choose instead?

Iowa
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Concha

This is a great hotel, we were there in November. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are clean. As stated above, there is construction but they have "walled" it off, it will not affect your stay.

kentucky
Level Contributor
94 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Concha

After much thought and research, we cancelled our reservation. We booked a condo in Duval Square. More walking to the livelier parts of Duval. But the price was right for a 2 bedroom, 2 bath. My adult children will be much happier with this over a hotel room.

Key Largo, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key Largo
Level Contributor
1,869 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Concha

Sad. I am at La Concha right this minute. Though only here one night, it has been absolutely fine. They had my room ready earlier than check in time. I was upgraded to a suite (Platinum Rewards Guest). It was modern and had been renovated. Spacious marble shower and bath. Two 42" tv's. Cushy king bed. Had a pleasant night's sleep.

The worst of the renovations appear to be over. Only in the lobby did I hear work. They were tiling. The work stopped before the evening and it's nearly 7 am and no work sounds yet. Valet was quick & efficient. Front desk was pleasant and efficient.

Could not have asked for a better short stay in the middle of Duval. Would not have wanted to be further away from the action.

5. Re: La Concha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2014, 06:18