We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southernmost Hotel - Anyone stayed here recently?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
510 posts
Save Topic
Southernmost Hotel - Anyone stayed here recently?

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has stayed at the resort recently?

I just made a booking online as I was attracted to the fairly good rate and fact that they have no resort fees as stated on their website here: www.southernmostresorts.com/extra-savings/

When I printed out my confirmation, the fine print said a $25 per day resort fee is payable? I have emailed the resort to find out what the deal (hard to phone them from AUS) is but thought I'd ask around here in case anyone knew...?

Thanks everyone!

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
9,206 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southernmost Hotel - Anyone stayed here recently?

This hotel recently changed ownership. I would call and ask them to honor what it says on the web site. Looks like going forward, they will be changing policies and charging fees now.

Maryland
Level Contributor
69 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Southernmost Hotel - Anyone stayed here recently?

Hi

I also booked with them and had called them up before booking, I was told there is no resort fees. I went through the fine print of my reservation, did not say anything there regarding the extra fees.

I plan to call them again tomorrow to check a few things, will ask them about the resort fees again.

Please let me know if you hear back from them.

Thanks!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
510 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Southernmost Hotel - Anyone stayed here recently?

Thanks for the replies, will definitely post an update when I hear from them!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,801 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Southernmost Hotel - Anyone stayed here recently?

That link of extra savings is interesting.

The last point, not needing a cab, doens't involve any money but saying "No Need for one" ignores the people who fly into Key West and have to get to the Southernmost.

Other hotels charging $7 - $12 for WIFI. None of the three I've stayed at charge for this

Other hotels charging $5 / day for a beach chair, same as above.

It's kind of an unfair compar-o.

Pjk

Nyack, New York
Level Contributor
83 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Southernmost Hotel - Anyone stayed here recently?

I stayed at SMOB twice this year and booked for January 2014. When I booked over the phone I was never told of a new resort fee. Just looked at the email confirmation and it states on last line "Please note that if you arrive after January 1, 2014 a $25 daily resort fee will be applied to your room." So I guess I'm stuck with it.

Florida
Level Contributor
41 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Southernmost Hotel - Anyone stayed here recently?

If they tell you AFTER you book your stay, that seems VERY unreasonable ... I would protest, especially if it says no resort fee on the website. Resort fee, indeed! And I would add a Trip Advisor review now so that no one else is surprised.

Edited: 06 December 2013, 17:43
New Jersey
Level Contributor
489 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Southernmost Hotel - Anyone stayed here recently?

I looked at their website and it says $25.00 daily resort fee. I would call them.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
510 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Southernmost Hotel - Anyone stayed here recently?

Hi everyone

Just confirming that mangotango is correct, just got an email back saying that resort fees will apply from January 2014 but no response to my concerns about information that says otherwise on their site and that there was no mention of these fees until AFTER I had booked. I wrote back and asked if these fees could be respectfully waived as I had no prior knowledge of them. Will let you know if I hear back from them.

Kelsie can you direct me to where the resort fees are mentioned on their site? I can see no information about them whatsoever! Thanks again for your input everyone!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,801 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Southernmost Hotel - Anyone stayed here recently?

If it's possible you should print or save that page that says "No Resort Fees." Web pages can change in a flash.

Pjk

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
510 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Southernmost Hotel - Anyone stayed here recently?

Great advice/ tip pjk thank you I will do this!!