We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel is better

florida
Level Contributor
79 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
which hotel is better

hi...my husband and i are going to KW for our wedding anniversary in March and cant decide on a place to stay! We have narrowed it down to Orchid Key Inn or almond tree inn. Anyone stay at these two ( or have other suggestions for us). we def like upscale but dont want to spend more than $450 a night. thanks soooo much !!!

Mentioned in this post
Orchid Key Inn
Orchid Key Inn
2,250 Reviews
Key West, FL
key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotel is better

My favorites are marquesas and the gardens hotel but march is pricy so I'm not sure about your price range. Orchid key is very nice but not in the same league.

Western...
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotel is better

We have been on both properties but never stayed. Almond Tree is more KW like. I would not say either one is up scale. I like Almond Tree a littlebetter.

PJ

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which hotel is better

I especially love the Gardens! Depending on your room type, you might be surprised at how affordable the rates can be for such a special place; even in March (if it's not too late)...

Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,609 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which hotel is better

We've been contemplating staying at Orchid Key, but have not yet stayed at either. I'd also love to hear a comparison from someone who has stayed at both.

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
4,217 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which hotel is better

We haven't stayed at both but we have stayed at the Orchid Key and likes it very much.

La Rochelle, France
Level Contributor
80 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which hotel is better

I have stayed at the Almond Tree for 4 nights last month and I would find it very hard to go back to key West and stay at a different hotel...Everything was just perfect! The room, the swimming pool, the location, the staff, etc. It is not a party hotel and it's such a relaxing place.

I would love to go back during Spring time 2014 but unfortunately the rates are so much higher than what I paid in November.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which hotel is better

We stayed at Almond Tree on our first visit. It was nice and they were very accommodating. It was pleasant to sit in the courtyard/pool area as it was a little oasis from Truman that its located on very near Duval. Pool area was small so not a lot of room for sunbathing. They also have an outdoor covered area that serves as breakfast and happy hour location. It is or at least was the same owner as the Orchid Key and he was eager to show us Orchid Key as it was being developed at that time and was before it opened to the public. Seems like I heard he sold out but I may be mistaking.

8. Re: which hotel is better

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2014, 05:17