We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Patrick's day in key west

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
376 posts
170 reviews
Save Topic
St Patrick's day in key west

Hello!!

On our list of things to do is st Patty's in Key West. Really have no idea why, just thought it sounded fun. Will be there March 15-19. Can you share with us any St Patrick's activities????

Thank you!

See you soon!

Cosmolady

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Berwick, Maine
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Patrick's day in key west

A must on St Patty's day is the annual bar crawl. I think it's one of the best times in KW whether you're part of it or just watch everybody else walk (or stumble) around town. Finnegan's Wake also puts on a great program for the day with great food and music.

Buster

Webster, New York
Level Contributor
273 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Patrick's day in key west

It was on our list too. We went last St. Patrick's day. We did the bar crawl. I was a great day! We fought to get one of the coveted t-shirts that allow you to participate, only to get there the day of the crawl and they were selling them there. Oh well lesson learned you don't need to pre-buy...

Frozen North
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Patrick's day in key west

You only need to prebuy if you want the card that gets you a drink at each bar, that is what they limit.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
376 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Patrick's day in key west

Wow! This is all great info.

How do you prebuy a tee shirt??

Thank you so much!!

Cosmolady

Berwick, Maine
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St Patrick's day in key west

They have the tees available a few days before the crawl at a few of the bars on the crawl. Like was said though, although you can still buy a tee the day of the crawl, the drink tickets are number limited and do sell out.

Buster

New Jersey
Level Contributor
522 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St Patrick's day in key west

Stop at McConnell's Irish Pub, you will have a lot of fun.

New York
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: St Patrick's day in key west

I also stop in at Shanna Key pub during the day. It's off duval so it's less tourist, and more town. Finnegan's is where I get my corned beef and cabbage--they set up a tent in the street outside. It can get mighty crowded. I am thinking about doing the bar stroll, if I can overcome my dislike of organized drinking.

Your 'irish-american everyday' pal,

Davy

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: St Patrick's day in key west

I skip the crawl and go directly to Finnegan's to drink, eat, and listen to music. The pub crawl looks like fun, and if you're into that sort of thing, I'd be sure to get my tickets early and not miss out!!!

Bartow, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: St Patrick's day in key west

Cosmolady,

Thanks for asking this question...we are going to be in Key West for St. Patrick's Day this year and we were wondering the same thing. Thanks for the ideas everybody.

ankney
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: St Patrick's day in key west

check out the other st pattys day thread for more fun ideas

and don't forget the tripadvisor unofficial get together

8:22 pm st pattys day at the chartroom