We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

126 days!!!!!!! Where do four fun 50ish women go dancing?

northwest
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
126 days!!!!!!! Where do four fun 50ish women go dancing?

Ok we are 4 gals in our 50's. We go on a trip every year and this year is KW!!!!! We love to go dancing so where do we go where we are not the only people our age there? We love live bands and good dance music, Rock, blues, oldies.

Thanks much!!

Key West Full-Day Power Adventure...
95 Reviews
from US$145.00*
Key West Sunset Champagne and...
109 Reviews
from US$63.00*
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
394 Reviews
from US$65.00*
US$75.00
1. Re: 126 days!!!!!!! Where do four fun 50ish women go dancing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 January 2014, 04:05
Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,642 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 126 days!!!!!!! Where do four fun 50ish women go dancing?

Assuming one of the women in your group still gets seasick, that boat ride still won't work. I'd imagine a lot of the info in your earlier thread still applies. I stand by my suggestion to hit the Smokin' Tuna, great live music for dancing. Have fun!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34345-i53-k668931…

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,283 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 126 days!!!!!!! Where do four fun 50ish women go dancing?

Other than upstairs at Ricks later at night (typically a hound crowd) you should find places to dance wherever there's a band playing. Dancing usually starts around 10, but that doesn't mean you can't find it earlier. Good places to check in addition to the Tuna are Virgilios, Green Parrot, Sloppy Joes and maybe Schooner Wharf.

You will have fun wherever you go I'm sure!

Mentioned in this post
Sloppy Joe's
Sloppy Joe's
6,322 Reviews
Key West, FL
Schooner Wharf Bar
Schooner Wharf Bar
2,257 Reviews
Key West, FL
northwest
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 126 days!!!!!!! Where do four fun 50ish women go dancing?

Thanks guys, I know I asked this once before but thought people might have new thoughts or discoverys on this. Isn't there a web site that list who's playing where?

I need to read about KW while I try to get through this gray winter:)

SW Indiana
Level Contributor
375 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 126 days!!!!!!! Where do four fun 50ish women go dancing?

website is 6toejam.com

northwest
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 126 days!!!!!!! Where do four fun 50ish women go dancing?

That's it!! Thanks!

Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,642 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 126 days!!!!!!! Where do four fun 50ish women go dancing?

You might also want to check the individual websites for more accurate schedules. Seems like a few months ago someone reported that the 6toejam website wasn't as up to date as the schedule on the Tuna website. SWB and Sloppy Joe's, for example will also have live music schedules online.

Gloucester, Virginia
Level Contributor
95 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 126 days!!!!!!! Where do four fun 50ish women go dancing?

Hogs Breath has a small area to dance in front of the stage as you enter the bar.

9. Re: 126 days!!!!!!! Where do four fun 50ish women go dancing?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 14:25
10. Re: 126 days!!!!!!! Where do four fun 50ish women go dancing?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 January 2014, 18:36