We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Sick Bracelets

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gloucester, Virginia
Level Contributor
85 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Sea Sick Bracelets

Has anyone used the wrist bands for sea sickness? I feel bad for my husband because every year he wants to take one of the Booze Criuises but I am afraid to. I get sick when we go in the bay, but not when we are on the river, so I've been afraid to take a chance. I do okay with Dramamean but it makes me sleepy.

Would love feedback and/or suggestions.

Thanks,

Skm

Canton, MI
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea Sick Bracelets

I've never tried the wrist bands. I rely on the patch that is put behind ear. I call the doctor for prescription before any trip that we may be on the water.

south dennis n.j.
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Sick Bracelets

I have used the wrist bands they did work for me

Florida
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea Sick Bracelets

I tried the wrist bands and they didn't work for me, I use Bonine, it doesn't make me sleepy and it doesn't give me trouble if I have a drink. Dramamine always made me tired and I could never have a drink on it or I got super loopy. Eveyone is different though, the only thing my son can take is Dramamine.

Haughton, Louisiana
Level Contributor
174 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea Sick Bracelets

I tried them for flying. I get air sick. Didn't work for me.

conn
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea Sick Bracelets

Try ginger cookies (Nabisco) with real ginger of course or defizzed ginger ale, I think Canada Dry has ginger.

Edited: 05 February 2014, 13:07
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sea Sick Bracelets

Bonine worked for me. Never tried the patch, but people like them.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,915 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sea Sick Bracelets

The bands you find at CVS etc don't work for me for sea or air. However, Relief Band has worked wonders! It takes a little bit to get used to but I swear by it. I still can get a little queasy but not normally the full blown.

westmarine.com/webapp/…

aeromedix.com/aeromedix_articles/reliefband/

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sea Sick Bracelets

My little granddaughter gets car sick and they use the wrist bands for her and they seem to work great. My daughter-in-law has used the patch behind the ear for herself and they work for her.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
753 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sea Sick Bracelets

We have a boat & keep the wrist bands on board. I have never used them personally, but they seem to work for those that did use them.

USA
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sea Sick Bracelets

Get a set of old costume earings that clamp on your earlobe and wind one of them (only one) down so tight it borders on discomfort/pain.