We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Bars

I'm putting together a spreadsheet of all the bars that I'm going to visit Key West March 15 through the 22nd. There are some that I'm unfamiliar with was hoping someone could help me out with each of them.

1)virgilio's

2)speakeasy inn

3)Bert's Bar

4) Bobby's monkey bar

5) Charlie mac's

6) rumers

7) sea dog tavern

Key West Catamaran Sailing and Water...
72 reviews
from US$145.00*
Dry Tortugas National Park Day Trip...
44 reviews
from US$178.99*
Key West Sunset Champagne and...
59 reviews
from US$63.00*
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
378 reviews
from US$65.00*
US$75.00
PHILADELPHIA,PA
Level Contributor
418 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars

I have only been to the the Speakeasy Inn. I really like sitting on the porch during the day and people watching. At night it's nice to have a different kind of experience and sit inside and try the different rums. I think it's a nice chill atmosphere with great bartenders. That has been my experience so far. Looking forward to going back in May (5/2-5/11)

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2,402 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars

Been to Virgilio’s many times as my wife is addicted to the Key Lime Martini there. Of the other places on your list, I have stumbled into Bobby’s Monkey Bar which is a great local dive bar. Decent beer on tap, and just the epitome of an old school Key West bar. Also been to Charlie Mac’s since I love some good BBQ!! Super cold beer on tap.. I ordered the BBQ brisket which was out of this world and my wife order the pork belly sliders. Although I miss Bobalu’s, Charlie Mac’s has been a pleasant substitute. Never tried any of the others though.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,620 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars

Vigillios bar is behind the restaurant, enter from alley. We love this bar. Great espresso martinis. Neat and fun atmosphere. And the only one on your list I've heard of. Sorry, can't help with more.

SW Indiana
Level Contributor
375 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars

Caffeine Carl use to play (I haven't been down since Sept. so I can't confirm he still is) Virgilio's on Wednesday nights. It's a don't miss in a small setting. I also went to Charlie Mac's. Didn't eat but I liked the bar area and had a drink called a huckleberry lemonade and I liked it a lot. Maybe too much.

Edited: 10 February 2014, 14:33
Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,250 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bars

1)virgilio's: great spot, evening/nighttime hours only. Martini Monday!

2)speakeasy inn: Rum Bar - small, upper Duval, local spot, great rum drinks!

3)Bert's Bar: never heard of it. From the pictures on Yelp, it looks like the beer can service at Shorty's (convenience store) but the address has it across the street. Strange.

4) Bobby's monkey bar: smoky, local, juke box, pool playing, great times!

5) Charlie mac's: BBQ spot next to Green Parrot. A bit of an antiseptic feel. Have one and then go next door to the Parrot. Same owner, completely different kind of place.

6) rumers: Rumor Lounge. On Green St btwn Sloppy's and Captain Tonys. Used to be Cowboy Bills reloaded. Nice place, interesting cocktails, younger crowd, cute bartenders.

7) sea dog tavern: very new, behind Cowboy Bills on Angela St., haven't been yet.

Rockaway Beach, NY
Level Contributor
359 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bars

Found a few reviews from last year for Bert's Bar on yelp. Says the address is 216-218 Duval. Wouldnt that be Coyote Ugly and Teasers?

Rockaway Beach, NY
Level Contributor
359 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bars

Ok. Photos on yelp are almost all guys standing drinking beers in front of Shorty's. Does a guy named Bert work there or something?

Aston, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
924 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bars

We stay two blocks down from Bobby's Monkey Bar and always stop in on the way home at night at least twice during our stay. Really enjoy the karaoke. We've been going the last five years and we actually recognize the regular's who sing there. Nothing fancy. Just a local hangout. Like they say on TV "Characters Welcome". Nothing fancy but drink prices are reasonable and fun conversation to be had.

Wesley Chapel...
Level Contributor
624 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bars

During our visit in January, we stopped by Shorty's to ask about Bert's Bar - they never heard of it! Love the Rum Bar at Speakeasy. Bob makes an awesome Painkiller.

Dubuque, Iowa
Level Contributor
110 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bars

Berts bar was made up by a bunch of guys having fun. . I had drinks with them. ...

Get answers to your questions about Key West