We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lobsterfest. How is it?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
190 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Lobsterfest. How is it?

My husband and I are planning a trip to KW in August. Our dates are flexible so we were going to try and visit during Lobsterfest.

Is it worth it? Or something to avoid?

Thx!

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
9,601 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lobsterfest. How is it?

It is not that big of an event, but I think it's fun. They close down a few blocks of a Duval and have a street fair with places selling different lobster dishes. It is something additional to do when your in town.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2,215 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lobsterfest. How is it?

We have been to Lobsterfest the last 2 years and plan on coming again this year. As SDT said, they do close down a few blocks of Duval near Sloppy Joe's with booths set up selling lobster served every way you can imagine. In the evening, they have a live band play in the street right on the corner of Duval and Greene St and it's a really fun time. Last year The Durtbags were playing which is my favorite band in Key West. If you like lobster and lots of it, I would recommend going.

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lobsterfest. How is it?

A lot of people really enjoy it. My favorite isn't the lobster dinner, but the tempura lobster tail with honey butter!!! Yum!!!

Williamsville, New...
Level Contributor
545 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lobsterfest. How is it?

We were there last year & had a good time. It's exactly as stated above. I agree with the lobster tempura...went back 3x!!!

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
886 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lobsterfest. How is it?

Yum, when and what week and timeframe is this? Same week every yr?

Daytona...
Level Contributor
184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Lobsterfest. How is it?

It's August 7,8,9,10 this year. We find it very enjoyable and room rates are somewhat lower. Great food tasting choices and music on the street.

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,245 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lobsterfest. How is it?

How are the prices for the dishes? Pretty reasonable??

8. Re: Lobsterfest. How is it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 06:15