We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling

Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling

Where is the best snorkeling in Key West? Is there any easy accessible from the beaches, or do you have to take boats out to the reefs?

Thanks!!

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,211 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling

You CAN snorkel from shore, but to see the good stuff get out to the reef!

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,251 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling

You can snorkel off shore at Fort Zach, but it doesn't compare to going out to the reef. As bluewater said...go out to the reef!!

Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling

Best company to take me out to the reefs? Any recommendations?

Thanks!!

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,323 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling

We usually go snorkeling out of the middle keys, so I can't do much comparison of Key West companies, but we did have a great trip with Fury last summer. It was my daughter's birthday, so she got her trip for free and the employees were FABULOUS!! They provide drinks and all snorkeling equipment. We took the trip that went to two spots, and it would have been a marvelous experience had we not gotten sick at the first site! That was not their fault, though, and I was very happy with the company and our choice.:)

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,636 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling

Generally, the smaller the number of people on the boat, the better.

The only bad trips I've taken were ones with too many people, which meant having to wait for the crew to count, and recount... and recount until they all got the same number - 93 people! Then there's the lines to get in & out of the water... if you like crowds and bumping into people when snorkeling you've got plenty of options.

Sebago is the better of the big boats, and they don't usually pack them as full as Fury.

I avoid the big boats. Here's the scoop:

Fury's 2-stop snorkel trip is nice, as is Sunset Watersports 2-stopper, which should have a shower on it.

The Dolphin/snorkel trips offered by several outfits are fun also and cost about double.

Haughton, Louisiana
Level Contributor
174 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkeling

We did Danger a couple of years ago and loved it! Its a sailboat and not that many people.

7. Re: Snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 05:16