We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just a thought...

Hatteras Island...
Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Topic
Just a thought...

When in the Keys, you pass a lot of people. You may walk by a TA member that you see on this forum and not even know it. Someone who posted something that made you laugh and you said I'd like to meet or party with that person or couple. I know I'd like to run into people like Buffrtguy or KeyLimey or cruisemom2 or Scroug( hope I spelled that right ) just to name a few. Maybe one day we will have something like those rubber blacelets with a certain color on them. Just a thought.

Level Contributor
623 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just a thought...

If your in KW on a Friday nite they were having meet up's for drinks at the Galleon Resort.. I have met cruisemom...KeyLimey...Buffetguy....Pjk and a few others over the years that I have been going.

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just a thought...

wow,,,very flattered to be included in that esteemed group :)

Level Contributor
418 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just a thought...

I feel the same way as you Cape. I would absolutely love to meet all the above and then some, especially Keylimey! Coming in May 2-11th. Maybe I'll be lucky. I'm pretty shy though. I'll have to get my drink on before I approach anyone :)

Lockport, IL
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just a thought...

I've had the pleasure of meeting many TA'ers (cruisemom, seabus, buffetguy, key limey, sharla) and they are all wonderful! Even crabby 'ol buffetguy! :) If you are in KW on a Friday, try to make a CTH. It's a good time!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
300 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just a thought...

Yes, CTH is the best way to meet folks from TA in KW. Looking forward to meeting up again with them in July!

Montgomery Alabama
Level Contributor
151 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just a thought...

We have had the pleasure of meeting many from TA over the years. Seabus and his wife, Key Limey and her husband are now more important to us than the actual island itself. When we go we make sure that seeing them is the top priority of our trip. Once you meet them and realize just how good of people they are, they become like family and also an inspiration to you for when you return home. I still have the goal to meet Buffetguy and socrog one day. Those two are two of my all time TA idols that i just havent got to meet face to face. Uh oh...depression kicking in. "I think its time..."

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just a thought...

Awww...thank you!! We do what we do every day, and that's try to make those who visit the island have the best time possible! If you're at Songwriters May 7 to 11 look for me at the Tuna. Come over and say hi. I'll be with the guy on crutches. That's one Friday night, I won't be at the Tiki Bar.

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,211 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just a thought...

We've met so many awesome TA people while in KW over the years! KeyLimey, Seabus (and their spouses) are the best good will ambassadors Key West could hope for, so welcoming, warm and kind - real Key West treasures.

There is a concentration of Key West lovers here in this area (northern IL, IN & MI) that we get together with regularly for 'Key West in the Mid West' adventures. We try to meet in places that kind of sort of have KW features or themes to them. So much fun to get together with these kindred spirits and talk about past and future KW visits. But we do have to limit Socrog's fireball shots ;)

Edited to add that Buffetguy and Bluewater (and their spouses) do an equally great job welcoming those that venture out to the middle keys! Awesome people as well!

Edited: 17 April 2014, 16:31
9. Re: Just a thought...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 05:15