We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another driving up the Keys question

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
195 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Another driving up the Keys question

How far up the Keys would it be reasonable to drive. This would be a sight seeing, leisurely drive. We would start around 10:00am and want to be back 4:00 or 5:00. We are thinking of renting a car for that one day.

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another driving up the Keys question

Depending on how many stops you want to make, you could pretty easily make it all the way to Key Largo and back. I would actually recommend going to Islamorada and then turning back. In my opinion, it's not AS PRETTY and there isn't quite as much to do once you get further north than that (unless you want to snorkel Pennekamp). I would definitely stop at Bahia Honda and Robbie's in Islamorada. There are MANY other worthwhile stops, but these are two that we WOULD NOT forgo when in the Keys. Enjoy!:)

Mentioned in this post
Key Largo
Key Largo
Florida Keys, FL
Islamorada
Islamorada
Florida Keys, FL
South Jersey
Level Contributor
3,434 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another driving up the Keys question

Given that it is a leisurely drive and you are allowing 6-7 hours I wouldn't go as far as Islamorada which is a total about 4 hours/160 miles of keys driving which would leave me tired. I would go to Marathon which is about 50 miles each way. Plenty to see, do and eat between there and Key West.

Mentioned in this post
Islamorada
Islamorada
Florida Keys, FL
Marathon
Marathon
Florida Keys, FL
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
3. Re: Another driving up the Keys question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2015, 07:16