We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort Fees, Taxes and Hotel Fees in Key West?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Topic
Resort Fees, Taxes and Hotel Fees in Key West?

Any seasoned KW travellers able to give me some advice on booking my hotel when fees are factored in?

We're planning on staying in the Southernmost hotel, which costs $1247.72 for our trip. I've emailed the hotel and they have said that "Resort fee is included. 1247.72 US dollars is final total."

I've also found the same room on Ebookers for $982.86. This price includes "Taxes and Fees" of $130.02 but it also says we will pay €100 dollars at the hotel. I presume this is the resort fee? Will I be charged exactly this amount when I get there or are there more taxes and/or hidden fees to be applied?

I'm just confused as to the massive price difference between Ebookers and the hotel's actual website...

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,627 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort Fees, Taxes and Hotel Fees in Key West?

The difference between biking places is much like the difference between booking right at - say Delta, and going to a travelocity or orbits. These web sites buy seats on planes, and hotel rooms up front, for a discount. The hotels and airlines know that these rooms will be sold, and paid for. (A bird in the hand kind of thing). The hotel will be paid for these rooms even if no one stays there. Thats why when you book through Orbitz, you don't get refunds.

As far as total costs, at check in, you'll might want to call the hotel directly.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
3,028 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort Fees, Taxes and Hotel Fees in Key West?

I think the OP wants to know how much they will pay before checking in. But that is a confirmation they should get from Ebookers and not asking anonymous internet sources. Personally when you factor in the resort fee being paid to SM I don't see the price difference ($150) as massive.

Southernmost offers a best rate guarantee:

"You won’t find a better rate for our properties online. If you do, we will match it or we might be able to offer you even better rates."

Maybe you should e-mail them and ask them to match Ebookers price.

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,171 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort Fees, Taxes and Hotel Fees in Key West?

Priceline, orbitz, ebookers, etc., are all great sites to get information from, but we never book with them. Been burned a few times with no refunds, no rooms available when we show up, rooms not as described, etc., just not worth the slight discount.

Ponte Vedra Beach...
Level Contributor
84 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort Fees, Taxes and Hotel Fees in Key West?

..Southernmost hotel charges more than other places for their extra amenities...they have daily pool activities/games and 3 pools to enjoy ..2 of the pools have very nice pool bars, 1 pool is adult only with a Zen type atmosphere..the pool at the beach has a lively atmosphere and u can go back forth to the beach next to it...I probably would not go there again because I didnt think the extra resort fees were really worth it...plus the hotel is a long walk down Duval to get to the main action places and Mallory square...

Frozen North
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort Fees, Taxes and Hotel Fees in Key West?

Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, booking.com, etc are OTA's. Online Travel agents, they get a commission for selling rooms for a hotel, generally 15-25% To maintain listings with them you must maintain "rate parity" which means the SAME rate on all channels. What ebookers is not listing is the mandatory fees the hotel will charge, because they don't collect those fees. The price will end up being the same. Rate Parity is how all channels can have a rate guarantee. They are great for using as a place to find out about what is in the area, but you should always book directly with the hotel/resort to get your best options and accurate information about the resort.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort Fees, Taxes and Hotel Fees in Key West?

I booked Vegas with ebookers.I booked well in advance flights abd hotel and it was a hell of alot cheaper. I was expecting to pay resort fees but when i tried checking out i was told im all paid up :)

7. Re: Resort Fees, Taxes and Hotel Fees in Key West?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 06:17