We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel/B&B? Semi-budget but quiet and nice

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
612 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel/B&B? Semi-budget but quiet and nice

If we do end up In Key West in Nov (maybe 12-16), we will be needing a place that is quiet in terms of sleeping. I am a pain when it comes to noise (I sleep with a fan on or use phone for white noise!) I need a room that I won't hear noise or cars or people - just the air conditioning :) Also looking for a place where it is really clean and nice (doesn't have to be luxury but at least semi-nice - no mold or worn out things). We don't need a kitchen or anything like - I plan to be out most of the time. I'd like to stay in the $100-$200 range as this is a second vaca get-a-way and if it comes in too high, I will have to go elsewhere. Trying to do things on a budget to see if we like Key West (after reading reviews I think we will!).

We are going with another couple so if there is a condo or a nice place that fits this but is cheaper b/c of sharing a condo, we will look at that also. We mainly go to Caribbean and stay at Sandals or go to Ocean City Md to just hang out (no beach b/c we are spoiled by Caribbean) in Sept and do the boardwalk or bars/restaurants. This looks like a nice mix of beachy and fun adult entertainment! I'd like to try it and then we can come back and spend a bit more.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
779 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel/B&B? Semi-budget but quiet and nice

Angelina Guest House perhaps. Pilot House is another choice. In both cases be sure to get a non street side room due to your need for quiet. Both are nice and are a bit lower in price compared to some other guest houses. The latter does not include breakfast.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
836 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel/B&B? Semi-budget but quiet and nice

I love the "Jungle Room" at Ambrosia B & B. So private and great air conditioner noise Off the road but fantastically located on Fleming between Simonton and Elizabeth. At certain time of the year the room goes for $249 and that's really low for a good B & B in Key West. You will find rooms in your budget range I am sure, but this one is really really great. has a huge private back deck next to a huge, lagoon style hot tub and wonderful renovated bathroom with giant shower. Bed is really comfortable. I know I am above your price point though.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
779 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel/B&B? Semi-budget but quiet and nice

Ibis Bay Beach Resort is a place I never tried, just learned of it recently, but looks nice for a budget traveler. Major issue is not being in Old Town. http://www.ibisbayresort.com/

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
9,206 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel/B&B? Semi-budget but quiet and nice

Old Town Key West is not a particularly quiet place. Roosters, trucks, scooters.... You might want to bring ear plugs if you are a very light sleeper.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,553 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel/B&B? Semi-budget but quiet and nice

I am a very light sleeper. We recently stayed at the Westin - pool side room so no street noise (pool is in the middle of the hotel) and I didn't hear a thing. Nothing, not even the rooms next to us. Here's the problem - might not be in the budget but wanted to throw it out there. Have stayed at several different places and this has been the quietest. Usually the darn roosters making the noise.

De
Level Contributor
230 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel/B&B? Semi-budget but quiet and nice

Try this place.. http://keywestbahamahouse.com/

Not sure about noise but great price,location and I did go in two of the units last week and they are beautiful. Have rented all four for a girls long weekend in April.

Cindy

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
9,206 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel/B&B? Semi-budget but quiet and nice

I would agree that The Weston or the other larger resorts with concrete or cement walls would be quiet. However most B&Bs are older homes typically with some street noise or roosters. I'm not saying it's terrible, but since you stress wanting quiet, just be aware. Rooms facing an inside courtyard or pool will be quieter than rooms facing the street or open yard.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,164 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which hotel/B&B? Semi-budget but quiet and nice

Take a look at Key West Bed & Breakfast and see if the third floor back room is available. This is one of the quietest rooms I can remember staying in while in Key West. During that time of year, it should easily be under $200. It also has a nice big bathroom and a small balcony. This is a great room in our favorite B&B and looks and feels a lot nicer than the low price reflects. We've also stayed in one of the back rooms on the second floor (Yellow, I think) and it was relatively quiet as well.

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which hotel/B&B? Semi-budget but quiet and nice

I LOVE the Angelina,,,and our fav room is upstairs and away from the street, and it is in NO WAY QUIET !!! this may be the only time I have ever not recommended the Angelina!

Lockport, IL
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which hotel/B&B? Semi-budget but quiet and nice

My husband and I stayed one night in November a couple of years ago at Courtney's Place on Whitmarsh Lane. That area is pretty residential, with the exception of a few rentals. We stayed in their smallest room upstairs, which was off of Petronia. We usually stay in this area in a rental, and with the exception of a few garbage trucks, I've had no problem with the noise. The room we stayed in was small, but it was very clean and only 150/night, which is a deal for November. I know Courtney's gets mixed reviews, but we had a pleasant experience here.