We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel??

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Which hotel??

Any pros or cons for the Sheraton Key west or the Doubletree key west. Family o 3 with 11 year old.

Thanks!!

Wesley Chapel...
Level Contributor
599 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel??

Both are a distance from the attractions you'd want to see, so you would need a car or hotel shuttle. Not sure when your stay is, but look at the Island City House as an alternative. Kid friendly, nice rooms, nice pool, close to where you want to be - walking distance to everything.

Reading...
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel??

I have stayed multiple times at The Sheraton Suites.

The rooms are spacious and clean, the staff is fine and helpful, the grounds are nice and the pool area is very nice. Smather's Beach is directly across the street.

The shuttle service is prompt and accomodating.

This being said if it's your first visit to the island I'd suggest staying in Old Town. The Reach Resort is awesome for families and I have stayed here as well.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel??

Thank you for both for the info. We are trying to do this trip cheap and burn some points. Also

considering Marriott beachside. We would like to stay closer to town but no good reward options there.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
3,028 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel??

I have several stays at the DT and am returning later this year - Ithink the only major con is the location. Rooms are nothing spectacular, pool view balconies are nice otherwise you look at the parking lot.

Pro's are extremely friendly staff, very nice pool with bar service, and if you have HHonors gold or diamond status you are well treated. The shuttles are very reliable and they always have an extra vehicle waiting if the first one is full in either direction. We see the shuttle ride as part of the fun, you meet and talk with other visitors and some of the shuttle drivers are very entertaining and give tips and their own tour of Key West.

5. Re: Which hotel??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 06:16