We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entree platters for wedding rehearsal dinner

Boston
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Entree platters for wedding rehearsal dinner

My wife and I are hosting a rehearsal dinner in Key West in August for our son's wedding. We expect about 40 people to attend. We will be staying at a house and are looking to bring in food. The caterers we've found online mostly charge a per person fee. We are trying to find places that serve platters of food such as lasagna, chicken parm, etc.. Haven't had much luck with that.

Would appreciate any feedback on restaurants, deli's, or other locations that prepare these types of platters. Thanks very much.

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,896 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Entree platters for wedding rehearsal dinner

We do a party for 100 + for work every December. We order pans of homemade lasagna from a local restaurant - in Marathon, not KW. And it isn't cheaper really, they charge close to the same price as they would sale each serving for. That's just how it works.

I say "homemade" because you have to ask. There area places that buy pre-made elsewhere. Speaking of pre-made. Maybe check GFS there in KW for their platters. Not going to be home made. Publix also does platters.

Mentioned in this post
Marathon
Marathon
Florida Keys, FL
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,036 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Entree platters for wedding rehearsal dinner

Do you have a budget, either per person or in total?

Pjk

Boston
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Entree platters for wedding rehearsal dinner

We were looking at prices of about $25 - $30 pp. Thought we might make out better if we could buy platters.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,036 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Entree platters for wedding rehearsal dinner

You might want to check with Sebago Watersports. They do sunset sails which include dinner and drinks. The drinks are nice, beer, wine and Champagne, but the dinners are not what you have specified. More like fried then baked chicken, shrimp, salads, etc..

To at least see about a charter for one of their boats email Courtney David, countney@keywestflorida.com and see what she has to offer.

Pjk

Mentioned in this post
Sebago Key West
Sebago Key West
3,458 Reviews
Key West, FL
SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
11,394 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Entree platters for wedding rehearsal dinner

I think New York Pasta Garden does platters for catering. You have to call and check. I know they did a couple years ago. I can't say it's the best Italian food I've ever had, but it might work in your price range.

http://www.newyorkpastagarden.com

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
4,605 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Entree platters for wedding rehearsal dinner

You might also consider Small Chef At Large. They seem to be exactly what you're looking for. (Seabago would have a bit of a problem getting their boat to your house.) www.smallchefatlarge.com

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Entree platters for wedding rehearsal dinner

The New York Pasta Garden is a good suggestion. I think their food is good, and if they can do it for you, probably a lot less expensive than a catering company. If you decide to go with a catering company also check out, Great Events. They might have some suggestions for you to keep the costs down.

Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,603 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Entree platters for wedding rehearsal dinner

Maybe one of the locals knows, does Abbondanza also do platters? We had an awesome dinner there in December - the food is good and the portions are huge. I know they will do special event parties in the restaurant, but I have no idea if they will do platters for pick up. The Sebago suggestion has me shaking my head, no idea what to make of that.

Mentioned in this post
Sebago Key West
Sebago Key West
3,458 Reviews
Key West, FL
9. Re: Entree platters for wedding rehearsal dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2015, 05:17