We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging with a good pool/party/social scene?

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
236 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging with a good pool/party/social scene?

Hi,

My wife and I (late 40s) are looking for lodging that has a active pool/party scene? Ideally, we would love a swim up bar but I couldn't find any. We want to be able to hang out, socialize, and have some drinks during the day while lounging around the pool.

Thanks!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,997 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging with a good pool/party/social scene?

Take a look at the Ocean Key Resort, 0 Duval Street. They have what they call the Liquid Lounge ---> http://www.oceankey.com/resort-pool-bar.aspx

Location s also very good with the Tiki bar and sunset pier just outside.

Pjk

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
236 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging with a good pool/party/social scene?

Pjk,

Thanks. That looks nice! Where in NJ are you? We were born and raised in northern NJ (Morris county)

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,997 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging with a good pool/party/social scene?

Plainsboro, across Rte 1 from Princeton. Check this out ---> tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34345-i53-k698299…

Pjk

Edited: 09 July 2014, 18:23
Fairhope, Alabama
Level Contributor
280 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging with a good pool/party/social scene?

Southernmost has a great pool and bar. Very social. Look at staying across the street to save $. It's a minute walk to the pool

New Jersey
Level Contributor
467 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging with a good pool/party/social scene?

In my searches... there are few guest houses that have their own little bars. blanking on names.

Olivia By Duval has a small pool, but the people seem to always be friendly, interested in chatting.

Its also clothing optional pool, so that seems to lend itself to more social people.

Westin has a bar out in the pool area... but very hotel like when we were there... not the festive "afternoon buzz singing sweek caroline" that ya'd find in a jersey shore bar. hah

New York
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lodging with a good pool/party/social scene?

Marrero's also has a good pool social scene. While they do not have a true bar, there is an honor bar with beer, soda and water. People who drink something else usually just bring it down from their room. It's also clothing optional, and I also think this contribute to the convivial atmosphere.

Your 'happy hour on the porch is also nice' pal,

Davy

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
410 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lodging with a good pool/party/social scene?

Pier House has a nice pool and "social scene", although it tends to be a somewhat older crowd most of the time (fantasy fest excepting). You might want to head over to Dante's Bar one day.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
225 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lodging with a good pool/party/social scene?

We've stayed at the Southernmost...nice tiki bar by the pool. In August we'll be staying at Lighthouse Court, which also has a bar by the pool.

nj
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Lodging with a good pool/party/social scene?

I'd also check out the Galleon. Great tiki bar right on the water with entertainment every afternoon. Beautiful place to have a drink and watch the sunset too!

Level Contributor
288 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lodging with a good pool/party/social scene?

I second Marrero's Guest Mansion.