We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help this KW newbie!

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
atlanta,ga
12 posts
Save Topic
Please help this KW newbie!

Headed to key west for BF wedding and they plan on staying at crowne plaza. Where is a close hotel on Duvall with better ratings? I read some horrid reviews and since I've never been not sure where to go but want to be a close or on Duvall street at possible. Any tips for saving money while in key west is helpful too! Thanks!

atlanta,ga
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help this KW newbie!

Anyone??

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help this KW newbie!

I assume you are referring to the La Concha Crown Resort. I've never stayed there, but I've been inside and found it to be quite lovely. I for one would never, ever want to stay on Duval because of the noise factor. With that said, I don't know of any other "resorts" on Duval, but there are several Guest Houses towards the southern end. If you want a resort that is fairly close to where your friends are staying, I'd look at the Westin, Pier House, Galleon, or Hyatt. Remember, Key West is very small. As long as you stay somewhere in Old Town you will be close to your friends AND Duval. I've stayed at the Westin (probably the cheapest of the ones I mentioned), and it's very, very nice. It's located at the far northern end of Duval, just to the left (west) on Front Street. The others I mentioned are also on Front Street, to the right (east) at the end of Duval. You might also want to consider a B&B; there are quite a few to choose from, very close to Duval, and most of them are quite lovely. I usually stay at the Angelina on the corner of Angela and Thomas,2 blocks off of Duval and I love it there.

atlanta,ga
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help this KW newbie!

Thank you so much!! Will check into those! Getting excited! :)

Rockaway Beach, NY
Level Contributor
359 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help this KW newbie!

Do you have any preferences? Does it have to be right on Duval or is close to Duval good enough? How many people? How many nights, do you want a pool etc etc?

There are a lot of choices, tell us what you like. There can be a big difference if you're just looking for somewhere to sleep and shower up or if you want a place to hang out and relax.

Edited: 19 July 2014, 20:57
Rockaway Beach, NY
Level Contributor
359 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help this KW newbie!

Do you have any preferences? Does it have to be right on Duval or is close to Duval good enough? How many people? How many nights, do you want a pool etc etc?

There are a lot of choices, tell us what you like. There can be a big difference if you're just looking for somewhere to sleep and shower up or if you want a place to hamg out and relax.

atlanta,ga
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help this KW newbie!

Just 2, would like a pool but really only to rest and shower. Doubt we will be there much. The cheaper the better and doesn't have to be on Duvall but close enough would work. Thanks!

atlanta,ga
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help this KW newbie!

3 nights total

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
81 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help this KW newbie!

We have stayed at the LaConcha and although it gets some bad reviews - you have to remember its one of the oldest hotels on the Island.... We found alot of its "issues" quirky and funny to be honest. We stayed in one of the rooms with a balcony on the second floor. It was old and a bit smallish AND the bathroom was very small - I had to hold the plug of the curling iron in the bathroom socket.... BUT it had alot of charm knowing that it was an older hotel. So we overlooked many things and we would probably stay there again if we needed to...... there are much nicer hotels but if you want to be near your friends .....

Rockaway Beach, NY
Level Contributor
359 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please help this KW newbie!

There's a place a couple of blocks from La Concha called the Pegasus Hotel. Right on Duval

and Southard. Rooms are a bit smallish but we found them clean with comfortable beds. They have a pool and a bar on the second floor both outdoors.

Its a 15 or 20 minute walk to either end of Duval, has a Walgreens nextdoor and is within a block (or less) of Cowboy Bills, Green Parrot, Virgillio's, Willie T's, 2 Cent Pub, Crawl Off Duval.

Big name places like Sloppy Joes, Hogs Breath, Irish Kevin's (and many more) are close by.

Also not far from Hemingway House, Key West Lighthouse, Butterfly Conservatory, Mallory Square, Truman Whitehouse, Key West Bight. List goes on.

For a short stay you could do worse.

south dennis n.j.
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Please help this KW newbie!

we liked the Light House Court 1 block from Duval St. it was very nice