We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ft Zachary receptions

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
81 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
Ft Zachary receptions

Has anyone had a reception at Ft Zach for a wedding or vow renewal? I am looking at this optiion and like what I see but would like some more input if possible.... thanks!

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ft Zachary receptions

I've ben to a lot of weddings there, but no receptions. Most couples want a sunset wedding and the park closes right after sunset.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ft Zachary receptions

My daughter got married on the beach at sunset at Ft. Zach and it was beautiful, but the park closes directly after sunset so our reception was held elsewhere. Unless you are planning a morning or early afternoon wedding, I don't see how a reception there would be possible.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
81 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ft Zachary receptions

Per their website - they hold the reception after park hours - I think its something new they have started as most of the reviews are from this past Spring and Summer. It looks as if they transform a few different areas including the snack bar deck and that beach with tables and candles etc..... I think I have it right but maybe I misunderstood......

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ft Zachary receptions

You learn something new every day! I went to their website and they certainly do say that they offer a private reception venue after the park closes. That wasn't an option when my daughter got married, but that was October of 2012. I was just there this past June and saw nothing, but then, I wasn't really looking for wedding info. It's a beautiful beach, and I can only imagine that the beauty intensifies once the sun goes down and you have it all to yourselves! Please keep the rest of us updated on anything you find out. I will be back in September, so I will definitely be asking around.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
81 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ft Zachary receptions

Thanks - I will.... I am very excited and hope it works out for us as this is where we have gone with our kids on vacations, just us on get aways and with friends when we have done a group trip. I won't go to anyother beach typically as I love it there so much!

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ft Zachary receptions

I have been to most other beaches in Key West, and in my personal opinion, none compare to the beauty of Ft. Zach. Each beach has its pluses and minuses, but I think Ft. Zach has far more pros than cons. I rarely go to any other at this point.

lake mary
Level Contributor
12 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ft Zachary receptions

I'm getting married on Smathers Beach on Aug 9th...I didn't choose Ft. Zach b/c of their no alcohol policy but perhaps that has changed as well...I"m sure wherever you pick will be lovely. Best of luck to you!

Newport News...
Level Contributor
17 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ft Zachary receptions

My husband & I got married on @ FT Zach @ site 2 this past February at sunset & absolutely loved it! We reserved the site so Ft Zach roped it off so our planner could decorate & set up without having to ask beach goers to move. We also did first look photos at the actual fort & then photos after on the beach after the ceremony. We did not do our reception there, we had it @ Michaels. We had a small wedding, only about 15 guests. While I ultimately did not go with the planning services through ft zach, they where very helpful with all of my initially inquiry questions. I don't think you could go wrong with having any type of celebration there, it is a stunning location! Good luck on your planning!

9. Re: Ft Zachary receptions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 05:15