We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping

Havelock, North...
1 post
Save Topic
Camping

What is the most affordable campground on Key West? My husband is a Civil Servant and I believe we might be eligible for the Naval Base campground. Any recommendations?

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Key West Full-Day Power Adventure...
95 Reviews
from US$145.00*
Key West Sunset Champagne and...
108 Reviews
from US$63.00*
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
394 Reviews
from US$65.00*
US$75.00
Rockaway Beach, NY
Level Contributor
359 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping

Not familiar with the base, but the only other campgrounds I'm aware of are on Stock Island just north of Key West. There's Boyd's and another called Leo's. From what I've heard from friends, Boyds is the better of the 2 especially if you're tenting it.

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Boyd's Key West Campground
Boyd's Key West...
449 Reviews
Key West, FL
Leo's Campground
Leo's Campground
86 Reviews
Key West, FL
Bemidji, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
2,780 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping

Tell us a little more about your camping. The recommendations for a 40' motorhome are different from a 6X8' tent.

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,352 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camping

If you are eligible for the Naval Base campground, that is your best bet. You can get information here:

militarycampgrounds.us/florida/sigsbee-rv-pa…

/www.militarycampgrounds.us/news-and-articles-mainmenu-2/military-campground-and-rv-parks-articles/key-west-military-rv-snow-birding-for-newbies

militarycampgrounds.us/forums/10-south-and-s…

If not, there are two places to camp on Stock island. Boyd's is the nicer, but it's expensive.

Mentioned in this post
Boyd's Key West Campground
Boyd's Key West...
449 Reviews
Key West, FL
4. Re: Camping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 06:15