We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in KW on cruise stop

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Topic
One day in KW on cruise stop

We will be visiting in November. We have 2 boys, 15 & 12. This will be our first visit, so we are looking to get the mist out of our day. I would like to maybe bike ride to tour the town, find a nice spot to eat a seafood lunch, and then spend the rest of the time near water. Too much in one day? Any recommendations? Thanks!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,525 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day in KW on cruise stop

Hopefully doing this from my phone will work.

You could make arrangements for Eaton Bikes to deliver three bikes to you just off the docks. In front of the Customs House would be good. Three since it's probably a good idea to rent a tandom for the young 'un. They can also provide you with a map with suggested routes, but doing a loop of the island, up Whitehead, across South Street, then down Simonton, will put you right at Simonton Beach where you can even rent chairs and an umbrella, and have that seafood lunch at Lagerheads there. Good fish sandwiches and tacos.

Then back to the Customs House to meet Eaton Bikes for the pickup, and on to the ship. Not a bad day.

https:/…50cde9f5e4b0fb93325b0f6e

Pjk

Florida Keys...
Level Contributor
1,869 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day in KW on cruise stop

That's sounds like a great day out. Can I come along ?

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,362 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day in KW on cruise stop

I think the 12-year old will balk at tandem & being called a young-un, though, haha!:)

Key West, Florida
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: One day in KW on cruise stop

Also check out Key Lime Bike Tours... they do a great, laid back tour that's suitable for families.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,525 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One day in KW on cruise stop

Sorry. There's a rule that with your first post you have to give everyone a slice of Key Lime Pie!

8-)

Pjk

Ponte Vedra Beach...
Level Contributor
95 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One day in KW on cruise stop

I would echo Kermitskeylime's suggestion and go with the Bike Tour especially is this is your first time in KW...otherwise you could be riding around without knowing where to go...I recommend Half Shell Raw Bar for a great casual seafood lunch and its located on the beautiful scenic harbor...the kids can see a lot of cool stuff there as well as a have a good seafood meal..this restaurant was featured on TV this past yr with TV chef Andrew Zimmern...

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
133 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One day in KW on cruise stop

Depending on where your cruise ship is docked, there is a bicycle kiosk right on the pier.

8. Re: One day in KW on cruise stop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2015, 05:18