We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Getting Married in KW, where to eat?

Rochester Hills...
4 posts
Save Topic
Help! Getting Married in KW, where to eat?

So we are having our wedding in September of 2015 at Smathers Beach in Key West. We do not want a reception, instead we'd just like to have a nice dinner with the people who came for our wedding (We live in Michigan). I have looked at a lot of places but have no idea which direction to go in. Still don't know exact number of people we will have since we havent sent out the invites but probably in the ball park of 35 people. My first pick was Hot Tin Roof, but they said we'd have to pay a site fee of $1500...for nothing basically. Which did not sit well with me. Second choice was A and B Lobster house but when I contacted them they said they are closed during the months of September/October. Also considering Lattitudes but was just a little bit pricier than we were looking for at $125/plate, we were looking around $85/plate. Going to be checking into The Pier House and The Commodore. Any suggestions, ideas? Please help!!

new Jersey
Level Contributor
163 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Getting Married in KW, where to eat?

Try the Roof Top Cafe. Excellent food, atmosphere, and I think they'd be able to handle a group your size.

www.rooftopcafekeywest.com/group_info.html

They had some interesting packages and menu options for groups and or receptions

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,206 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Getting Married in KW, where to eat?

We've always enjoyed our dinners at The Commodore. Nice atmosphere too.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,130 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Getting Married in KW, where to eat?

Charter one of the Sebago boats and ask them to provide the same buffet dinner that they do on the Casa Marina Sunset Sail. - peel-and-eats, chicken, salads, veggies, and the best stocked cooler in Key West - beer, wine, champagne, and a watermelon! http://keywestsebago.com/ships/index.html They throw in a sunset for free.

Pjk

Metairie, Louisiana
Level Contributor
73 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Getting Married in KW, where to eat?

several years ago I went to a reception at the Hyatt--the party was held inside/outside with a view overlooking the channel to sunset island. really nice except it was buffet-style; don't know if that was a consideration.

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
10,245 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! Getting Married in KW, where to eat?

Have you checked with La Trattoria Oceanside? I believe they do groups and they have great food and are close to Smather's Beach.

Are your wedding plans final and committed already? I'm not sure September is the best month for a beach wedding here.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,206 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! Getting Married in KW, where to eat?

Ohhhhh, we really like La Tratt Oceanside too. Very pretty and have enjoyed our meals. Worth checking out.

Reading...
Level Contributor
1,370 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help! Getting Married in KW, where to eat?

I've seen quite a few wedding parties at the Conch republic Seafood Company, I don't know any details.

Roof Top Cafe is a great place !

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
165 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help! Getting Married in KW, where to eat?

+1 on Roof Top Cafe, don't know if they could take much more than 35? Great central location, good food.

Happy Wedding!

South Jersey
Level Contributor
3,230 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help! Getting Married in KW, where to eat?

Here is a partial list of restaurants that were closed in September 2013 which includes the Rooftop Cafe:

Azur (reopens Sept 22)

Blue Heaven (reopens Oct 11)

Kaya Island Eats (reopens Oct 3)

Roof Top Café (reopens Sept 26)

Seven Fish (reopens Sept 25)

Square Grouper (reopens Oct 10).

Louie's Backyard September schedule is:

DOWNSTAIRS (MAIN DINING ROOM) closed Sept 3-12 for dinner and Sept 3-19 for lunch.

LOUIE"S UPSTAIRS closed Sept 3-24

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,212 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help! Getting Married in KW, where to eat?

Check with Blackfin Bistro. They are very accommodating and should be a great fit for the size of your group.