We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wake-boarding or Skiing?

Greeley, Colorado
Level Contributor
33 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Wake-boarding or Skiing?

Hi, my husband and I will be in Key West sept 1-5 for our second time here. We are about a week and a half out and trying to kinda pick what type of activities we want to do. Last year we did Fury all-in-one type of thing, where we got to do para-sailing, jet skiing, snorkeling and kayaking. It was ok, a little too many people and it was very scheduled (every 30 min switch to the next thing)

We would love to go out on a speed boat to do a little wake-boarding and tubing. Do any companies do this? Or any other ideas of fun things to do. My husband wants to rent a jet ski without any boundaries, I told him I doubt any companies do that, but maybe they do?

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,174 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wake-boarding or Skiing?

I think all of the companies that do jet- ski tours also rent jet- skies. Here is Barefoot Billy's ---> http://barefootbillys.com/activities/ but you could also check Hydro-Thunder, for example, or just do a search on jet-skis, Key West.

Pjk

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
10,273 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wake-boarding or Skiing?

Jet Ski rentals are all either tours or confined to a limited area. There are no rentals without boundaries.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,211 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wake-boarding or Skiing?

If by chance you head to Marathon in the middle Keys - there is a cable wake board park in Marathon on Grassy Key. If you are staying there in KW - NM :)

Greeley, Colorado
Level Contributor
33 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wake-boarding or Skiing?

Bummer. We are flying into Key West and are not getting a car, thanks anyway

5. Re: Wake-boarding or Skiing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 06:16