We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KW Pub Crawl

Illinois
Level Contributor
152 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
KW Pub Crawl

I saw on Expedia there is a KW Pub Crawl $29 ea. and hits 5 pubs...plus t-shirt...anyone been or are there other Crawls I should know about?

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KW Pub Crawl

I've previously been on the St. Patrick's and July 4th pub crawls. They are fun and a great way to meet new people. Never did the original Duval Crawl though which I believe is the one you are referring to.

http://duvalcrawl.com/

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,168 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KW Pub Crawl

The one I always recommended was Kokomo Joe's Off Duval Bar Crawl, sadly, he is no longer doing tours. He did a great job and went to some out-of-the way places.

My advice is to create your own pub stroll. When you're with a group, you meet the people in the group. When you're on your own, you meet the bartenders and likely some locals. So many more cool places to chose from!

Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Level Contributor
1,904 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KW Pub Crawl

I agree with KeyWestSteps! One of the great pleasures in KW is bar hopping - chatting as you go along. I'd rather go at my own pace, then be on a schedule. Especially if you happen to hit a place where a great band is playing, you might make a night of it...

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,798 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: KW Pub Crawl

I think the pub crawls are a good idea for two reasons; The first is that they can take you into places you might not ordinarily go to and secondly, they take you out of places. The tendency otherwise is to find a place you like and just stay there. Even go back to it the next night, etc. And the potential for meeting people.

http://www.keywestwalkingtours.com/

Pjk

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
9,936 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: KW Pub Crawl

I also agree with KeyWestSteps.

This is a small town and most bars are in the same area. Walk around, pop in and out, and find a place you like. No need for someone to take you around, unless it is a special event like St. Paddy's Day.

As a local, when I see these pub tours, it reminds me of tour groups in Europe where people are shuttled around from place to place and really don't experience the location.

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,238 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: KW Pub Crawl

I agree that you should do your own pub crawl. 5 domestic beers, or mixed drinks, that in some bars I think is a punch. I'd rather have the choice of what to drink, and where to drink it. I'd also like the freedom to stay as long as I like, and explore places that look interesting. This type of tour would be great if bars were hard to find, but in KW that's not the case. Nothing wrong with the Pub Crawl, I'd just rather do it on my own.

Sault Ste. Marie...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: KW Pub Crawl

Group of us did this last year and had a great time. The Tour guide was entertaining. (Not as entertaining as the couple that came to the tour already really buzzed though. ) We went to bars we probably wouldn't have gone to and had lots of fun.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
165 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: KW Pub Crawl

I agree with both! The Group Crawl is fun because you meet people, however if your group has a few jerks then it's not enjoyable. You know what looks like fun? Has anyone seen those 10 person bicycle bars where everyone is peddling and drinking at the same time? Does Key West have one of these yet? I've seen them in a couple cities and the folks are having a blast.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: KW Pub Crawl

I've only been on The Conch Republic Bar Crawls, so I am not an expert (and I liked the t-shirts!) but we always buy the Key West Bar Card, and kinda do our own Bar crawl. We have an itinerary-what's on the card, but not really schedule, so if you don't get to them all, you're not really out anything but get to try new places or old favorites. It's worth it for us.

http://www.keywestbarcard.com/

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: KW Pub Crawl

Good idea djad! that way you can do it every day! I stop and pick up BOGO coupons at various locations and make my daily bar crawl itinerary from there. Either way, you're at your own pace and getting discounts along the way of your own crawl.