We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Stay Accomodations

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
894 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Solo Stay Accomodations

Hi all, I see lots of familiar posters even though I haven't been her for a long time.

I haven't been to Key West for four years now. I took my son for his 20th birthday that time. I will be in Miami on a cruise for my 50th birthday this November. I was hoping my son would fly in after the cruise and go to Key West for me for a week. I already booked the Best Western Hibiscus as we were happy there last time.

Alas, it turns out he can't make it and my friend can't afford to come with me so it looks like I'll be solo. My question is, since my son isn't coming now, maybe I'd like to stay closer to the Bight this time but within the same price range (under $200) per night. Any ideas? I'm not opposed to any type of accommodation but don't want a B&B that has no t.v./internet, etc in the rooms or has a shared bathroom.

Thanks for any ideas you may have...

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo Stay Accomodations

Try L'Habitation on Eaton St. No pool, but they do have TV and internet. Southern Cross is a recently renovated larger property in the a same area. I don't know much about their amenities, but they do have very reasonably priced rooms. Not sure of their amenities, tho.

Good luck!

Lockport, IL
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo Stay Accomodations

I've never stayed here, but I have looked into The Knowles house a few times on Eaton. I really like the location, the prices seem to be right, and they get decent reviews on TA.

Mentioned in this post
Knowles House B&B
Knowles House B&B
585 Reviews
Key West, FL
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,036 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo Stay Accomodations

There is someone who goes down by himself and usually suggests the Andrews Inn ---> http://www.andrewsinn.com/

Location isn't bad about halfway between one end of the island and the other, certainly within walking distance of whatever you might want to do.

Pjk

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
894 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo Stay Accomodations

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I just happened to stumble across the Weatherstation Inn today and was immediately smitten with it so I booked that. It's inside Truman Annex so I'll give my first B&B a try!

Mentioned in this post
The Weatherstation Inn
The Weatherstation Inn
231 Reviews
Key West, FL
Truman Hotel
Truman Hotel
1,128 Reviews
Key West, FL
Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo Stay Accomodations

Weatherstation Inn is lovely! Far from what I think of as a budget selectio! And the location is grand.

Good going in finding a good deal at a great spot!

Mentioned in this post
The Weatherstation Inn
The Weatherstation Inn
231 Reviews
Key West, FL
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
894 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Solo Stay Accomodations

Thanks KWS, I was so excited when I saw it in my price range. Looks like it will be a good choice for my first ever B&B experience.

7. Re: Solo Stay Accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 06:16