We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does Key West have hotels?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
key west
Level Contributor
6,101 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Does Key West have hotels?

I may be deleted by morning, but I'm amazed by some questions. It seems a lot of folks ask first and read later. This Tripadvisor board has SO many wonderful watchers that seem to answer the same questions every week. On smaller, more topic-specific boards, a very polite "read me first" asks visitors to please READ READ READ first, then put your question out there. This TA board has so much rich, recent, thorough, complete info on so many Key West subjects it's limitless. From people all over the planet. Other travel boards, in my opinion, pale in comparison to TA with its resources and daily "hits" on KW. It seems to me a lot of questions would be answered right away if only searched for.

Most MOST questions have already been aswered with opinions from several people. It's all in there, just poke around!

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
513 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Does Key West have hotels?

This is why I don't answer to many posts referrin to what you said in your statement ~~ Beem recommendin places for lodgin, restaurants, tours, musemus, shoppin, golfin, boatin, fishin & so 4th ~~ Been doin this since 1997 ~~ Everyone has their recommedations but time changes over the years ~~ Its best to do what ya say before comin on the boards & ask what is your recommendation for this & that ~~ There are way to many websites out there for viewin Key West stuff based on your needs & what ya want ~~

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,992 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does Key West have hotels?

One of the local experts for San Francisco shares your feelings and has posted requests that folks use the search function- but it doesn't seem to work there either. Someone on one of the Forums explained that people psychologically need the reassurance of someone personally assuring them that a place is perfect for them! Seems hard to understand, but seems to be the case.

I've been lurking on the Paris Forum since travelling there and the other day someone posted a query that went "I've read all the reviews ( there were 17) for Hotel X and they all look excellent( they were) , but could anyone tell me if they are really true?"

This was for a hotel ranked in the top ten for the city at a very reasonable price- but somehow that wasn't enough for the poster. I don't think this will ever change on any Forum. I can only assume that those of us who get weary of answering the same query repeatedly ( in my Forum it is how to get from Miami Airport to Ft. Lauderdale or vice versa - or how to get to Sawgrass Mall) should just take a break from answering them and no doubt some newer Forum participant , who is not weary of it yet will jump in.

I personally am trying to cure myself of the compulsion to jump on the Ft. Lauderdale Forum and answer every question asked- after living here for so long I generally know the answer- but I'm thinking I need to wean myself of the feeling that being a "Local Expert " means I have to feel obligated to help everyone- think of those poor souls on the Orlando Forum who are asked daily which hotel or restaurant at Disney is best!

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,628 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does Key West have hotels?

That is also a "personal favorite" question:

"What is the best _____________________"

That would depend upon your definition of BEST. Is best the:

oldest, newest, cheapest, most expensive, furthest from everything, in the middle of everything, highest in the air, deepest underground, ...

You get my point. I would think that the poster would have enough sense to think to look at other posts before asking their question. I mean do they actualy think that they are the first one to think of the question?

Rockford, Minnesota
Level Contributor
76 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does Key West have hotels?

I overheard someone asking at the Western Union Schooner booth.

How Many Sunset Cruises will there be tonight?

While on the Conch Tour Train Someone actually asked

Does the water go all the way around the Island?

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
4,604 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Does Key West have hotels?

But Taxi! You never answered the question! Does Key West have hotels??!!

falls church va
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does Key West have hotels?

Hi there, I'm new here and would like to know.......

Are there hotels : ) ?

Great beaches with prestine white sand ?

Is every hotel within walking distance to the BEST bar's ?

How many bar's or pool's or beaches are clothing optional ?

When is the best time to come to the Key's ?

When does happy hour start ?

Who has the Best prices for happy hour ?

What should we do, cause we are only gonna be in KW for 25 minutes ?

Is it hot there ?

How many dance club's are there ?

I've heard parking is a problem...is it true ?

When is hurricane season ?

How much is a taxi ?

What time is sunset ?

If I/we stay on Stock Island is it walking distance to Duval st ?

I can only afford $85.00 a night but I'd like 4 king size beds, 3 bathroom's, a pool, a nightly rub down, free breakfast....lunch....and a 5 course dinner with unlimited bottle's of wine and at least 5 keg's of budlight. How many places do this and which one is the best?

Thank you all in advance for any info you can give me. Oh ..... last one, what is the best airfare (direct flight of course) from Alaska?

I/we will need this info in the next 2 hours......we're thinking of going soon : ))))))

Que
UK
Level Contributor
643 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does Key West have hotels?

Key West has quite a few hotels but there are definitely more B&Bs. Do you want a recommendation?

Actually its an interesting question and there are several issues why people may or may not use or trust the search function.

Firstly, I think people generally prefer to browse the forums and often don't go back too far. If they do use the search function, I've found its not very precise and generally google will unearth many more appropriate links. Personally, I don't think the Tripadvisor search is very accurate or useful.

As an example, we are going to Milan soon and have just used the search facility with the words ' bergamo transport milan' . Clearly (or maybe not), I'm looking for transport from Bergamo airport to central Milan but without the little words - that's how search engines normally work. The first page shows nothing remotely resembling what I need (although I click on a couple just in case) and they go back to May. So, now I'm wondering whether the info I may find further back is current enough to be accurate. On to the next page and there is nothing there to help me either despite it going back 10 months. No wonder people ask another question.

Of course, I realise that Florida forums are much more popular and there is no doubt much more info, however there are still many people who don't know how to use search engines properly to refine their search and would give up at the first or second hurdle. Also, it may not be a good idea to rely on details posted months ago.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,992 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does Key West have hotels?

Que - See if the following which I copied from aTA post will help answer your question:

Right Reez I think I have the answer for you.

First go to www.trenitalia and type in Bergamo to Milano centrale for the morning time trains on the date you need to travel.

next go to this website

http://www.malpensashuttle.it/e-default.htm

where it says there is a bus which departs every 20 minutes and takes 50 minutes to get to Malpensa airport stopping at both terminals.

I think this will be the easiest method for you.

good luck

jean

P.S. I used the search terms Bergamo Malpensa transport - since that is the airport's name- but I agree the search function is not always great and I really think most folks just aren't comfortable using it!

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
513 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Does Key West have hotels?

Flat ~~ Ya got me "ROFLMAO" again ~~ (:>)

North Metro ATL, GA
Level Contributor
795 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Does Key West have hotels?

In honor of Halloween, let me play devil's advocate.....

To be honest, the repeat questions don't bother me that much. If I feel like answering, I will - sometimes with a cut and past from a past post. I'm fairly sure that's what Buffetguy does with the repeat questions about what route to take from MIA/FLL to Key West. A repeat question on "what to do" also gives me a chance to flog my own personal stretch horse, the Sharon Wells Walking and Biking Guide, (that's http://www.seekeywest.com/guide.htm), LOL.

I think once people have made the decision to visit the Keys for the first time, they get real excited, and want as much information as possible as quickly as possible. Sure, they should probably do a little research first, either on the myriad of Keys tourist sites, travel books (I got one from the library for my first trip), or with targeted searches on TA, but it's really not that big a deal (to me) if they want to ask a general question. If I have the time and inclination to help 'em out, I will - otherwise I won't.

Salud............