We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heron House or Eden House?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Topic
Heron House or Eden House?

Recently stayed at Island City Hotel. Liked it all except for the sunning in the pool area. Which of these two places would be somewhat like the Island City House, but with a better Pool area? We got to tour the Eden House and liked that, but didn't get a chance to see the Heron House. I do like the location better of Heron House, but the pool from the pic looked like the pool had limited sunning potential. Any Questions about Island City I would be glad to answer.

Thanks,

Bud

Boston
Level Contributor
348 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Heron House or Eden House?

I love Eden House - it is about 10 minute walk to Duval and you are then right at La Concha to go to the Top for a sunset Eden House has a great pool and hot tub relaxing hammock areas

Eden is also very close to the Bight -- so--- that is a plus Finnegans wake is very close by foir that Irish Coffee . Half buck Freddies is around the corner and Cafe Sole is one street away ****** Cafe Med at the Eden house is great and Cafe Marquesa is up the street .. teh KW library is also on Flemimg in case you need a book : )

There is an eleveated sundeck there -- i think it is too hot but if you are a sunworshiper u will like it

Heron House looks very nice too -- and is closer to the action on Duval not sure what the pool is like

Eden is a small hotel Heron House is a B and B so ---

no food at Eden in the morning and very lame coffee ( but Paradise Cafe around the corner or the fabulous 5 Brothers for con leche) i think Heron House has a small breakfast snacks

If you opt for Eden make sure to get a Large Deluxe room or bigger .. Good Luck and enjoy KW

Boston
Level Contributor
348 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Heron House or Eden House?

yikes - i forgot tto say Eden House is so close to -- Harpoon Harrys , Pepes and PTs Late night all fun KW spots off the beaten track

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heron House or Eden House?

And don't forget about Eden's complimentary happy hour at the pool!

We can't say enough about the Eden House - lovely grounds, relaxing hammock area, nice sun deck near the pool, friendly staff, and great apartment (room 403)! The location was ideal for us as well.

B

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,596 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heron House or Eden House?

Are you aware that Island City has a sun deck on top of the main building? I used it instead of the pool area.

Maine
Level Contributor
829 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heron House or Eden House?

Stayed at Heron House 4 years ago. Don't think it's too different from recent reviews/postings. It's a very different atmosphere from ICH, which might be considered "family-friendly." Heron House is very adult, and much smaller. Very nice, and complementary, breakfast and happy hour. We stayed in one of two honeymoon suites, and were glad to have sprung for it. There are some pool-side rooms that looked to me to be very lacking in privacy. The pool is small, but beautiful - pretty standard for Key West. Not a lot of room around it for sunning, but there's a rooftop clothing-optional deck. Location is terrific - very short walk to all the hubbub, but quiet at night.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Heron House or Eden House?

EH is also close to Mangia Mangia and Cafe Sole. Breakfast is a must from the Paradise, tho it is closed on Sun. The cuban toast is the best there. Have to agree, the coffee at EH is not good, but its the right color for the start of the day before a trip to the Paradise. Have never experienced the Cafe Med, don;t know how it even stays open as there are very few cars there. Have been going to EH for past 6 years and meet same folks every year. No one has ever eaten at the Med. Its a tad expensive. We always hope a sandwich shop will open there. EH is very close to the Bight, Conch Republic Seafood is our fav watering hole, esp with the 2/1 drink coupons that we are never without. Also, Schooner Wharf which is a first of the day stop for breakfast somedays. They now have brekfast.

Can not say anything about HH as have never been there. There are some very tiny rooms at EH, some share baths, etc. So be careful of what you select, and do not get less that a deluxe or large deluxe. I prefer ground floor. The hammock area is lush and quiet for reading or napping and a designated quiet area. The pool is lively and fun. Happy Hour is cheap booze, we provide our own and our group of friends take turns providing a snack before going off to dinner.''EH is not for everyone. Check out the web page.

Indiana
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Heron House or Eden House?

Thanks all for the replys. The Eden House seems to be our first pic. I do agree also that you're better off springing for the bigger room (or Ste) Something to look forward to next Year!

Bud

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Heron House or Eden House?

get your reservation in soon,they nicer rooms book up and walk ins and late reservations get the small rooms in the main house. YOu will love the pool area and hot tub.

9. Re: Heron House or Eden House?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 03:15