We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key West fun WITH sandy beaches?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Key West fun WITH sandy beaches?

Does anyone recommend a Gulf side town with all the fun of night life/restaurants/ boat excursions etc...that Key West offers but has the hotels located on beautiful sandy beaches too? Thanks for any ideas! Happy New Year!

Northwest Indiana
Level Contributor
359 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Key West fun WITH sandy beaches?

There are no "beautiful sandy" beaches in Key West.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Key West fun WITH sandy beaches?

I was hoping if someone could tell me a town "like" Key West" that does have nice beaches but some fun activity too. Does Fort Meyers Beach have the nice beaches but night time fun too?

key west
Level Contributor
6,101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Key West fun WITH sandy beaches?

I'd vote for Clearwater or Ft. Walton Beach

Northwest Indiana
Level Contributor
359 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Key West fun WITH sandy beaches?

sorry, I was a little confused

Try asking in the general Florida forum.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
3,506 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Key West fun WITH sandy beaches?

panama city, destin ft walton.... but wait what time of year are you thinking about going? I would not recommend going there until at least mid march. It is still cold here... tomorrow, 55 and cloudy. not beach weather. you have to go further for that.

ft lauderdale maybe?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Key West fun WITH sandy beaches?

KeyWestTaxi-

Thanks for your ideas. Does Clearwater or Ft. Walton Beach have Carabean-like clear blue waters? It is a girls weekend and we are turning 40, so we don't necessarily need the wild crowd, but want all the advantages of night life etc... as mentioned earlier.

I already posted in the Florida forums but no responses yet....

THANKS SO MUCH!

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
3,506 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Key West fun WITH sandy beaches?

oh then destin for sssuuuurrrreeee now that you give me additional info.

They have amazing outlet shopping, spas (although my cousins went not me) a nice beach, great resurants. Lots of cute men to flirt with who are there on golfing weekends... or just southern gentelman with the cash to live there.

(in case you are married, it never hurts to smile or have some eye candy does it? looking never hurt anyone... we look at brad pitt all the time! hahaha or cloney? it will always be a toss up between the two of them. good thing they decided to do oceans!)

Hope you girls have a blast and i will try and get the name of the spa for you!

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Key West fun WITH sandy beaches?

Frog: when are you going? That's key.

Ft. Walton has great beaches, but you'll definitely need a car, and I don't consider it to be a place with great nightlife. Clearwater Beach has nice beaches, too, but again you'll need a car and the restaurants and nightlife are NOTHING compared to what Key West has. I've never been to Ft. Lauderdale, but it might suit your needs better. Let me assure you, though, that weather will be a huge consideration unless you plan on visiting Florida during spring, fall, or summer. Another option might be Sarasota, though it's been years since we were there and I can't remember exactly where we stayed...only that it was on the water.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Key West fun WITH sandy beaches?

Thank you ALL for all the great ideas! We are going April 13-17th. I'd absolutely love the name of some spas! Thanks Seminolegirl06.

SusanCS- If we did choose Key West, are there still great views of the water from hotels? (Recs on hotels with a view near happen'in locations would be great too. Is it best to be near Duval street?) I imagine I could handle an awesome pool with a view. Being walking distance to fun stuff might be more key (ha ha). I suppose we could also take a day trip boat outing and get our fix of water (snorkling). Is the water really blue green like the Carrebean?

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,360 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Key West fun WITH sandy beaches?

For me, there's no place like Key West -- at least no place I've ever been in Florida!