We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay ?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
where to stay ?

Can't get reservations at the Islander for the dates I am coming down in January-any other suggestions on where to stay?- I like the pool and bar area at the Islander and wanted to find something similar- also wanted a little more than just a basic "motel" room- the kitchen and the screened porch off of the room there is really nice

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,922 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay ?

Kon Tiki has nice rooms with full kitchens, screened porches, living rooms etc. some are full houses. They don't have a bar onsite, but are within walking distance of Morada Bay and Uncles.

I haven't seen the rooms at Chesapeak (sp), but it has a bar directly next door.

Also check Casa Morada.

Mentioned in this post
Morada Bay
Morada Bay
2,270 Reviews
Islamorada, FL
Casa Morada
Casa Morada
1,009 Reviews
Islamorada, FL
Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
16,716 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay ?

Check the Carribean Resort next door to the Islander. they have duplex 1 & 2 bedroom units. they also have a motel with 1-room / kitchenette type units that are not as nice as the duplex units but not terrible either. No bar on site but Lor e Lei is across the street. The property is very nice with a decent beach.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay ?

Loved the Drop Anchor in April and having a hard time understanding the negative reviews lately. No bar on site but a terriffic property.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,922 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay ?

I haven't checked the recent Drop Anchor reviews, but it is a nice property IMO.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay ?

Thanks for your help and suggestions- I'll check into these properties.

6. Re: where to stay ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 05:27
Get answers to your questions about Islamorada