We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! I need help with my Islamorada wedding at Pierre's!

Lake Mary, Florida
1 post
Save Topic
Help! I need help with my Islamorada wedding at Pierre's!

I would appreciate any help anyone can provide!

I live in the Orlando area and we had to cancel my Orlando wedding when my dad got laid off. We decided to get married in the Keys and found Pierre's. It is absolutely beautiful and David has been wonderful so far. My problem is everything else!

We have no idea where to stay, I am thinking the Islander because it will be big enough for my 45 guests. I want to do a really casual dinner the night before, but not too expensive and really Keys-like since Pierre's is much more formal. Only thing is I want to stay really close to Pierre's with everything, hotel, restaurant, etc...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for any help at all. I have already planned one entire wedding and I am having trouble planning this one!

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,006 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! I need help with my Islamorada wedding at Pierre's!

We had a nice, yet casual dinner the night before at Lazy Days, it's about 2 miles from Pierre's, if even that. We had about 40 ppl with us.

Also - look at Island Grill @ snake Creek, they have a back area on the beach for groups.

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
147 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! I need help with my Islamorada wedding at Pierre's!

We really liked Mile Marker 88 and Island Grill. Island grill is least expensive, but we really enjoyed the music and sunset at 88. Really cool place!

Ohio
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! I need help with my Islamorada wedding at Pierre's!

I'm having my wedding at Pierre's as well and am also looking for a casual dinner location for the night before. My parents stay at a condo there so I think we are just going to rent the clubhouse and have it catered. Dave from Pierre's mentioned Island Grill as a great place. As for places to stay, I'm offering our guests the Islander or Hampton Inn, which is super close to Lazy Days. Let me know if you have any other questions, I have plenty as well!!

islamorada
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! I need help with my Islamorada wedding at Pierre's!

Locations to stay near Pierres: Chesapeake Resort 2 miles very reasonable, on the ocean , great beach, rooms are totally new in June 2008.

If you want a rehearsal dinner catered there on the beach for a reasonable price , try Caribbean Catering, they have great food and go to many Islamorada Resorts.

5. Re: Help! I need help with my Islamorada wedding at Pierre's!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2008, 16:26
new york
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! I need help with my Islamorada wedding at Pierre's!

I am ALSO considering having my wedding at Pierre's in May, 2009. ONE QUESTION - does anyone know anything about the noise ordinance in the Florida Keys for shutting music off at 10pm or 11pm? We are very concerned about having our wedding in the Keys and then having to shut the party down at 10pm!

Key Largo, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key Largo
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help! I need help with my Islamorada wedding at Pierre's!

The noise ordinance is 10pm Sun.-Thurs., and 11pm Friday & Saturday. On New Years Eve, it is 1am. The noise ordinance is STRICTLY enforced. A bartender friend got married at Coconut Cove Resort in Islamorada and sheriff deputies arrived at 9:45pm to inform the wedding party they had 15 minutes until the musician had to stop playing. Ditto for another friend who got married at a private residence here in KL. They shut her party down at 9:45.

buddy032606
Level Contributor
31 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help! I need help with my Islamorada wedding at Pierre's!

how did your wedding go? I am in the beginning stages of planning mine as well. Hotels? Rehersal Dinner? Pierre's? Thank you!

South Florida...
Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
Level Contributor
3,664 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help! I need help with my Islamorada wedding at Pierre's!

You might want to start your own post to make sure folks are answering your questions. My niece had a great Pierre's wedding. Her husband's family stayed at Atlantic Bay Resort. Her family stayed at Dove Creek Lodge. These are not the closest to Pierre's at all but worked. Rehearsal Dinner was at Sundowners. They rented a bus to take everyone around (plus we had a few cars that helped out).

Wedding was 42 people - beautiful, great meal after, noise ordinance not an issue.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
512 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Help! I need help with my Islamorada wedding at Pierre's!

Islander is great ! Pam will take wonderful care of you. You can have the dinner right at Islander and she will help you stay within your budget. I've got wonderful wedding photos with a tent on their beach. Pierre's is AMAZING!!