We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Plan for May?

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Good Plan for May?

We booked at the Islander and its a short trip just 3 nights, I picked them as we don't want to run around and appears all activities are right there (snorkeling/cruises/bike rental/kayaks, etc.). Planning to come in on shuttle from Miami and rent bikes to find fun restaurants. A little nervous as I see some reviews on Islander that talk about lots of kids, etc. Coming at the end of May (after Memorial Day) .....suggestions/thoughts?

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,349 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Plan for May?

That's my opinion of The Islander - there are too many children. If you are OK with lots of families, you'll be fine.

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,376 posts
428 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Plan for May?

My opinion as well, and in addition, lots of dogs and wome of them really badly educated or not taken care of.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Plan for May?

There are some great vacation rentals in Islamorada as well! I found a few here that look good! I bet you can find a quiet place with less noise for sure.

vacationrentalpeople.com/vacation-rentals.as…

4. Re: Good Plan for May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2014, 07:17