We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Room For Us? Coral Bay Resort

Which Islamorada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Amesbury...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Room For Us? Coral Bay Resort

Hoping to book a 7 night trip to the Coral Bay Resort in spring of 2015 for a family of 3. Great reviews of the resort but conflicting comments on "room tips" in regards to quality of certain rooms (If I understand correctly some have been updated and others not?) and I cannot fins pics online that show exactly which rooms are which. We are hoping to find an updated room, with water view, a kitchen and some privacy for us in the evening after our toddler goes to sleep. Room 15 is available - any experience with it? Or does anyone have a room you think we should request? It is my husband's 50th birthday and this resort seems to have exactly what we are looking for, but as we will be spending a lot of time there, a nice room is important, too! Thank you!

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,900 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Room For Us? Coral Bay Resort

I'm not familiar with their rooms, so can't answer there - but why not call or email and ask these questions directly? I bet they could send more photos with prices and info.

Amesbury...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Room For Us? Coral Bay Resort

I did...prices yes, pics no

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,159 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Room For Us? Coral Bay Resort

Its been years since we have stayed there so I could not tell your room numbers, we were closer to the pool than the office is what I remember. Its a very old motel, been redone a couple of times. We liked it very much and it looks like they have upgraded somewhat from the pics I saw on the hotel review (pics by TA posters, not the hotels photos). However don't expect fancy but clean and decent.

They are located on the south end of Islamorada and it was very quiet when we were there. Many places in the keys are similar in they have taken older places and did not tear them down but refurbished them. Oh and only 1 or 2 rooms sort of face the water. Not sure if they have an unobstructed view. But its not a far walk out to the dock and sitting area.

4. Re: Best Room For Us? Coral Bay Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2015, 06:15