We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who loves Valhalla Point Resort?

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
16 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Who loves Valhalla Point Resort?

Hey all of you who have spent time at this old Florida Keys resort, lets tell more people so this paradise can be shared!

Laid back, quiet, serene, rejuvenating, beautiful, peaceful, welcoming. . .just a few words that describe Jim and my numerous visits to this amazing place.

Anyone else? Please post!!

Mentioned in this post
Fort Lauderdale to Key West Tour
18 Reviews
from US$97.00*
Special Offer
Day Trip to Key West
51 Reviews
from US$94.00*
US$99.00
Helicopter Flight Over Florida Keys
1 Review
from US$158.99*
Marathon, Florida
Level Contributor
410 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who loves Valhalla Point Resort?

We attended a wedding there last summer and it was quite nice. Certainly very Keysy. Good value for the cost of the rooms.

Boston
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who loves Valhalla Point Resort?

Hey Scubie: Are you crazy? Don't tell anyone else; enough people know about it - did you read the reviews (and all rated it tops)? I love it too. Let's keep it a secret or we won't be able to get the room we want next time. Shhhhhhh!

Dr. Livington

Jacksonville
Level Contributor
226 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who loves Valhalla Point Resort?

doc - can you elaborate on Valhalla Point and Valhalla Beach Resort? They appear to be next door neighbors. Another poster mentioned that they are in a dispute and the tension between the two is noticeable. Just want to make sure I pick the right one.

Thanks

Wisconsin
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Who loves Valhalla Point Resort?

I have been to Valhalla Point Resort twice in less than a year... it is a magical place! I found it on Trip Advisor last spring and liked it so much I went back already, all the way from Wisconsin. V.P. is off Hwy. 1, located on a beautiful bay a short paddle to a state park beach and the ocean. There are numerous palm trees to sit under in comfy chairs if you want to relax and several canoes and a kayak to paddle around in. It is one of the few places you can snorkel and swim from. When we were there this past week we had several evening campfires with Nancy, the owner. It is a beautiful place to stay in the Keys, so tranquil! Yet it's close to other great places to go for Keys adventures, such as Bahia Honda. Next door is another place to stay (Valhalla Point) but that is NOT the same place even though they sound alike. Visit Nancy and you will not be disappointed!

Jacksonville
Level Contributor
226 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who loves Valhalla Point Resort?

Very strange - I checked the reviews of Valhalla and 11 of the 13 reviewers registered to post a review for Valhalla and have posted no other reviews and no forum posts other than this and one other. Most registrations are between 8/08 and 11/08, with three registering on the same day. Of course all the reviews are glowing. What a coincidence!

Boston
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who loves Valhalla Point Resort?

Trixie, I'm also new to "reviewing" but do you mean the resort is entering glowing reviews on themselves? Dah? Doc

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Who loves Valhalla Point Resort?

I stayed there a couple months ago and am heading back with another couple at the end of the month. Can't wait to get out into the hammock. My husband and his friend can't do anything but talk about fishing from the canoes that are provided free of charge. I wouldn't want to steer anyone in the wrong direction, it's a great place. But, that being said I won't be bragging to too many people about it. I already can't get as many rooms as I want!

Wisconsin
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Who loves Valhalla Point Resort?

I don't like the idea that someone is implying that Valhalla Point is posting the positive reviews...that is unfair. I have only recently joined Trip Advisor so I can post reviews, partly because the way I found Valhalla Point in the first place was on Trip Advisor! During one of our campfires in early April with Nancy, the owner, and new friends from around the country we met there, we were talking about the property next door and asking Nancy why she didn't buy it and expand a bit. Her reply was that is for sale for 3.99 million and she couldn't afford it and with the economy being what it's been, and gas prices being over $4.00 last summer, she can barely keep the V.P.going. We joked that we would write good reviews to get the word out and so maybe what you are seeing is the people following through. I want her to stay in business a Long Time, partially for selfish reasons... I want to go back again and again and it's the only place I would want to stay!

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
16,819 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Who loves Valhalla Point Resort?

I'm sure Valhalla is a very nice resort, however I agree with trixie, when I saw these posts my first thoughts were that theres a troll on the forum. Where is everyones review of this resort? If your review is legit than why is the only thing you seem to talk about is the argument with the resort next door. Unless it caused a problem with your stay at Vahalla why would anyone care about the place next door. Where is the description of the property and what you did with your time in the keys? What restaurants did you dine at? Post a real trip report and no one will complain. TA is a great forum and no one wants to have this site taken over by people just trying to advertise their place of business for free.

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
3,038 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Who loves Valhalla Point Resort?

I have to agree with Wheels....this topic's got troll with several fake names/accounts, all over it. Too much of a coincidence that I was just writing on another topic just the other day about this place and giving my thoughts on all the "one hit wonders"; then this topic comes along "asking" for "more" people to "share" their positive words about this place.....All of the sudden more one or two hit wonders start popping out of the woodwork.... Sorry but I've learned during my years here on TA to be skeptical!

I drove down the road that Vallhalla Point is on in January, and it looks like a nice, little laid back, very casual old Florida guesthouse like place. I like the fact it has kayaks, too. Looks like some place I might like, but now I'm more skeptical than ever about this place.

I know times are tough for everyone; my husband and I are small business owners too, so I do know 1st hand what this economy is doing to most of us. That's no excuse; please, let's keep it REAL here.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States