We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy fresh seafood in Jan.

Which Marathon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Castle, Indiana
Level Contributor
26 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy fresh seafood in Jan.

we are headed to Marathon in Jan. 2013. can someone recommend a go to place to purchase fresh seafood? i know it matters when you are going and I'm not sure what's available in Jan.

TYIA...

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,554 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy fresh seafood in Jan.

Captains Three, Fish Tales, Brutus and King for starters.

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,618 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy fresh seafood in Jan.

I like Captains Three.

I had some deli meat from Brutus. Smoke chicken WOW - that wa good.

New Castle, Indiana
Level Contributor
26 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy fresh seafood in Jan.

thanks folks... :)

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,514 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy fresh seafood in Jan.

if you're driving down you can always stop in at Keys Fisheries, in Key Largo bayside. Look for the signs, it's a few blocks off the highway.

Another great place to stop is Islamorada Fish, which is also next to the big Bass Pro Shop.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,657 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to buy fresh seafood in Jan.

Key Largo Fisheries is our favorite. FRESH right off the boats. Key West "pinks" shrimp, lobster, mahi, yellowtail snapper are our favorites. Also like their smoked fish dip, conch salad and conch chowder. Always our last stop leaving the keys when we load up the cooler! They flash freeze the shrimp immediately so no preservatives are used. We usually bring home four 5 lb bags to enjoy and our friends and family enjoy them as well!

6. Re: Where to buy fresh seafood in Jan.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Marathon