We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

We are arriving in Marathon on Saturday June 1st and I see on accuweather it is calling for thunderstorms every day that week. Is this common this time of year and if so, are they short then sunny or should I start making plans for indoor activities? Thanks!

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,273 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

From now until November you will see a chance of thunderstorms in Florida just about every day. Thunderstorms don't usually last all day. We are in a rainy cloudy pattern today but it doesn't usually last. Your main concern should be wind. Very windy the last week and it's supposed to last through this week and then some. That stops water activities right there.

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

Thanks for your reply! I hadn't had any offshore trips planned yet, just touring Key West, visiting the Turtle Hospital and the Dolphin Research center. Probably visit Pigeon Key and Ft Zachary Taylor. We planned also to hang out at Bahia Honda & Sombrero Beach quite a bit as well as the pool at out rental.

3. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Marathon
Recent Conversations