We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marathon hotel for two couples

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
182 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
marathon hotel for two couples

Just want to ask. My husband and I are planning a trip with another couple, flying into key west. We're planning to rent a car and drive to Marathon to deep sea fish, we plan to spend 2 nites.

We need Expert advise, these are great friends, and we want to show them a great keys experience.

Please let me know any hotels with 2 bedroom condos, in Marathon. I think this would work well for us. If not a condo, just let me know the nicest hotel thats not too expensive. And also, any fishing charters you could recomend to us, that would be great. Our friend is an advid fisherman, but, just being together will be so much fun.

Any advice will be soooo much appreciated.

Also, were all oldies fans, love to dance. If no oldie music in bars, we easy to please. Any advise, please give. Just want to have Fun!

At the end of our trip, we plan to spend the last 2 days in Key West.

Weve got it all planned. We've been there the last two years, and we have numerous fun things to do. Please Advise, Your advise will help us tremendously!!!! Thanks in advance :)

AquaVentures Eco Tours LLC
Boat Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing, Scuba & Snorkeling, Fishing Charters & Tours
Catch 'Em All
Fishing Charters & Tours
Island Lure Charters
Fishing Charters & Tours
Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
33 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: marathon hotel for two couples

You might want to check out the 2 bedroom villas at Hawks Cay Resort: http://www.hawkscay.com/villas/hcr.asp

Hawks Cay is on Duck Key, about 8 miles outside of Marathon (it's on its own island). Hawks Cay is a full service resort, and offers many different fishing excursions for its guests.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: marathon hotel for two couples

We're going to stay at The Hammocks in Marathon in June. It has all good reviews on this web-site as well as others, and you can rent a 2 bedroom condo by the night. They have a pool & tiki bar that overlooks the gulf, too. You can "Google" The Hammocks Marathon Fl and get plenty of pictures and reviews.

On our cruise in September, we met a great lady captain who works for the Marathon Lady, fishing excursions - her name is Dyann. Their web-site is www.marathonlady.com.

Hope this helps!

Marathon, Florida
Level Contributor
410 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: marathon hotel for two couples

Second that for Hawks Cay. It just underwent a major renovation and is just beautiful. If you rent a villa, be sure to ask for one that has been updated. As for fishing, there are many options in Marathon. If you're looking for a private charter for just the 4 of you, I recommend Adios Charters (www.adioscharters.com) or SeaSquared Charters (www.seasquaredcharters.com). The Marathon Lady is a great choice if you're looking for a party boat. Be sure to visit Sombrero Beach while in town (www.thefloridakeys.com/parks/sombrero.htm). Have a blast!

4. Re: marathon hotel for two couples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Marathon