We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming from Mid. TN...where to stop in GA

Cookeville...
Level Contributor
161 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Coming from Mid. TN...where to stop in GA

I need advice on a good, clean, comfortable hotel to stop and spend the night on our way to Disney. We are leaving on Friday afternoon after work, about 5:00 pm. We are thinking we can make it to Macon. Any advice appreciated.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,088 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming from Mid. TN...where to stop in GA

If you do plan to make it to Macon, be sure to take the Macon bypass (475) as most of the hotels are along this route other than straight down 75.

Exit #3 has the majority of better hotels there as well as many choices for food. I don't have a recommendation for a specific one, since we always drive straight through.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming from Mid. TN...where to stop in GA

Four years ago we stayed in Macon at the LaQuinta and were very pleased. If I recall correctly, we were right near a Courtyard, Super 8, and Sleep Inn as well. This would have been off 475 as Kat mentioned. The LaQuinta was cheaper than the Courtyard, and the Super 8 and Sleep Inn looked fine but we wanted a pool and I'm thinking those 2 didn't have one. There was also a Logan's Roadhouse in walking distance, where we had dinner, and this has since become one of our favorite restaurants-ate at one this summer in Kissimmee and we now have Texas Roadhouses up here in Illinois which I think are the same thing.

Anyways, a lot can change in 4 years but the general area was very good and the LaQuinta was great, but not cheap-I think we paid $75 on a Saturday night.

You may want to give Priceline a shot. On our trip down this past August I booked a hotel just north of Atlanta for $28 on a Saturday night. It was a StudioPlus,a chain I had never heard of before, but it was very nice and clean and had an outdoor pool. I just hate to pay alot for a place to spend 12 hours or less before getting back on the road!

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming from Mid. TN...where to stop in GA

BTW-the StudioPlus was in Kennesaw, GA, again, just north of Atlanta, and this was a very nice area. Not as far south as you want to get but if you do decide to try Priceline and put Kennesaw in, I think you'd wind up with a decent hotel.

4. Re: Coming from Mid. TN...where to stop in GA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 22:21
Get answers to your questions about Kissimmee