We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kissimmee, Orlando or LBV Hotel without Car

Which Kissimmee hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
565 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Kissimmee, Orlando or LBV Hotel without Car

I need a bit of advice. I am looking for a moderately priced hotel (with a good tripadvisor rating) for a 10 day stay for Disney World. I will not have a car so will be relying on hotel shuttles and an occasional taxi. The other thing issue is that i would like to have a choice of restaurants within walking distance. Would the advice be Kissemmee, Orlando or LBV. Thanks

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,758 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kissimmee, Orlando or LBV Hotel without Car

If no car and just Disney is your plan you might want to consider a Disney hotel which gives free transport from the airport and to/from all the parks. There are a ton of restaurants in the parks and various hotels. You could add a dining plan to your hotel stay for food.

Alternately, and again, if Disney is the main focus, you might want a Downtown Disney area hotel http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/ These are, as the name suggests, near Downtown Disney which has a lot of restaurants. You could also walk to Crossroads which is a small shopping center with a number of outside (meaning non Disney) eating choices. This is LBV.

International Drive (I-Drive) is generally regarded as a good place to stay without a car. There is Lynx and I-Trolley bus services...but it seems a hassle if your plan is Disney only. That would be Orlando

Edited: 24 February 2011, 12:13
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,769 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kissimmee, Orlando or LBV Hotel without Car

You must stay in DTD or on a lynx bus route for this. So in Kissimmee you would need to be on 192, or in the Crossroads or Palm Parkway area. Other LBV areas aren't well covered. Or on Idrive (south of Sand lake road is nicest).

Have a look at Courtyard by Marriott on Palm parkway. Tons or restaurants in Walking distance, just 1.3 miles or so to DTD, and on a lynx route. All the DTD hotels are good too.

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
9,833 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kissimmee, Orlando or LBV Hotel without Car

I-Drive is good for buses. Lake Buena Vista is closer to Disney and Hotel Plaza Blvd and Palm Parkway have buses. And US192 in Kissimmee - but **note** I recommend choosing somewhere at or EAST of "Old Town" - has a fast direct bus route to Disney. Buses are every 30 minutes.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,769 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kissimmee, Orlando or LBV Hotel without Car

I would also ask this on the main Orlando forum for the most replies.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,501 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kissimmee, Orlando or LBV Hotel without Car

The Comfort Suites Maingate East is very nice. We stayed there in November and found it to be an excellent value. The rooms are spacious, clean, and appeared to be just renovated. The hotel has a heated outdoor pool, hot tub, and kiddie pool with mushroom fountain. A free buffet breakfast is served each morning and includes both hot and cold items. The hotel also has a shuttle to Disney, Universal, and Sea World (shared with nearby hotels). You could also use the Lynx bus (local transportation). Bus 56 stops at Old Town and goes to Disney World. See link below for bus schedule. Hope this helps.

golynx.com/assets/userfiles/routemaps/56.pdf

6. Re: Kissimmee, Orlando or LBV Hotel without Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 20:19