We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

East Village Orange lake resort Orlando

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
East Village Orange lake resort Orlando

Has anyone stayed in the 2 bedroom (8 person) time shares recently in the East Village & have any comments/helpful advice for Aussies coming over in December 2011?

Union City...
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: East Village Orange lake resort Orlando

We'll be staying in a 3 bdrm in the East Village in a few weeks, check in mid-June. I'll post a review, since I noticed they're lacking on tripadvisor specifically for East Village. But a few old 2009 reviews I saw on the tugbbs.com forum mentioned that River Island is newest, then East Village, BUT they're always building and renovating so you never know what you'll get. Supposedly it's also the quietest with most units having open views to the front and rear.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
684 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: East Village Orange lake resort Orlando

Ill be looking forward to your review. We will be staying in the East Village next March. Please mention if there is a floor, building, or area in East that I should request. We will have a 2 bedroom unit.

Thanks!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: East Village Orange lake resort Orlando

Bless your cotton socks for your reply :) I will welcome your feedback/review...it's people like yourself that make this a great website/reference.

I guess my main question will be if we should hire a car or if shuttles to all the Disney/universal parks will be better/cheaper. I've heard car parks are $15/day & still need a shuttle back to your car...but there will be 5 of us so it may end up cheaper to hire a little car to get us around for the week.

Any other handy hints on the east village will be much needed-as you say. deb

Union City...
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: East Village Orange lake resort Orlando

I am here now enjoying a surprisingly large 3 bdrm 3 bath suite in bldg 80000, room 80026...that's 2nd floor end unit, view of a golf course green from our screened porch. First tips, for those of you that don't do timeshares, just skip the "2nd stop" after check-in (to 'validate' your $20 voucher), and you're home free. The resort is huge, abnormally. After 14 yrs of timeshares, it's the only place where you'd need to drive to the closest pool. It's not that far of a walk, really, and there are shuttles, but for us SF Bay Area natives, the heat and humidity humbles us. We saw a pair of deer driving to our unit on our first night and armadillos our last 2 nights...really cute critters.

@Debsperth, I recommend renting a car ...and wearing moisture wicking socks, not 100% cotton ;) it'll prevent blisters. But seriously, the resort itself is so huge, you'll need it (1.7miles[2.8km] from check-in@West Village to East Village). And with a full kitchen, the convenience of being able to get your own groceries will save$$ eating out every time. The parks charge $14/day to park. . .transferable to any parking lot with your receipt, or you can take a disney shuttle between parks if you're hopping. You will have to take a tram to get to the entrance, but it's fine as long as you can fold up a stroller (assuming your taking one). Also, the resort is gated with security, so I'm not sure how easy it'd be to get a taxi to your room. I can ask, if you'd like. MouseSavers.com has great tips on getting around by taxi if you're still interested. Estimate about $20 each way from resort to Epcot or $33 each way to Magic Kingdom +15% tip for the driver, plus with 5, you'll need to request a taxi-van. It adds up quick, I recommend a renting a car.

I can go on for days.. . .let me know if you have any specific ??'s

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: East Village Orange lake resort Orlando

Re your first comment: " We saw a pair of deer driving to our unit " my first thoughts were; Fancy the deer & armadillos driving over there Ha Ha..

Seriously, Thank you so much for giving up your time to log on & reply-

My Qns-If you are in a position to ask, questions are: Can we buy milk/bread (emergency staples) on site or should we buy at store b4 we get there, What will temperatures/weather be in early December? (should I take a cyclone suit ?)

Re your commment: "The parks charge $14/day to park. . .transferable to any parking lot with your receipt,".....Can you clarify the car park validation for me? Are you saying you pay for parking but can get it back with your tickets as proof of entry??...If I buy park tickets on line do you know if I can still get car park validated? Are you in a hire car? Yes I take your point about 5 of us needing maxi cab etc :) Thanks for all your tips..when do you leave as I will find some time to pick your brain but running out the door this minute. We have a few nights before our timeshare starts & I've heard we should stay at a Universal hotel just to get into Harry Potter ride early...Have you been there yet & any clues? I shall search mousesavers & trip advisor further too..You are all wonderful. Debs

Union City...
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: East Village Orange lake resort Orlando

There's a small grocery onsite at River Island (we didn't get a chance to shop there). There's a Super Target(department &grocery) and a Publix (large grocery store) just off the resort on Irlo Bronson. With a full kitchen, you can stop by before hand and pick up groceries. Check in didn't take too long (SKIP THE WELCOME CENTER), but we can in at 10pm.

Since not applicaple to the title post, will reply to rest of questions elsewhere.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: East Village Orange lake resort Orlando

HI again. Can you expand on Skipping the welcome centre for me please? Is it a timeshare hard sell & what are they offering as incentive for the torture? Deb

Silverdale...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: East Village Orange lake resort Orlando

We are scheduled to stay in a 3 bedroom in September. We would appreciate your reviews of the resort and any recommendations based on your experience.

Jan

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: East Village Orange lake resort Orlando

If your email question was to me-we won't be there until December, so read the replies to my questions in may-June- DebsPerth

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: East Village Orange lake resort Orlando

HI again. Can you expand on Skipping the welcome centre for me please? Is it a timeshare hard sell just for a $20 voucher?..Hope they are offering more than that as incentive for the torture? Deb