We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Days Inn, Old Town...what can you tell me?

Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Days Inn, Old Town...what can you tell me?

Hi, Can anyone tell me anything about the Days Inn in Kissimmee? It's in "Old Town?" What's Old Town? Looking at mid-March. Was told rooms were suites. Anyone stayed here? Thanks in advance for any info you can give.

Karen

Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Days Inn, Old Town...what can you tell me?

Hi jjakers2

Thank you for letting me know. I didn't book yet. I don't think I will now :) I might just stay on Disney at the Pop Century. The only thing is the rooms are so small. It would be fun for the kids. If you know of a villa resort, not just a private home (we did that before) that has a nice pool, with a slide kids section etc., please let me know. I really wanted a 1 or 2 bedroom with a washer/dryer. If not I will probably just go with the Pop Centurty.

Thanks a bunch!!

Debbie

NJ
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Days Inn, Old Town...what can you tell me?

In November of 2005 I stayed at both the Days Inn and the Quality Suites, I enjoyed Old Town, however, at night I was afriad for my safty and the safty of my children. At the Days in we switched rooms 3 times, the first room's bathroom wasn't working, the second room smelled of mold and we soon found out the reason was the carpet was completely wet, the final room was not much better, however, we were out of options and tired of moving our luggage. Needless to say we switched to the Quality Suites the next day, although the Quality Suites is only a few feet away from the Days in it was much nicer, cleaner and safer, as the pool was surronded by the hotel rooms, they also have a small play area, arcade and hot tub. The suite was great, the kitchen was perfect and we had enough room for myself, my husband, our two small children and a friend of mine from Florida stayed in the living room on the pullout with her two children. I have stayed at the Allstar and for size and price reasons I would go back to the Quality Suites.

Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Days Inn, Old Town...what can you tell me?

Thank you for your comments. I will look into the Quality Suites. I just would like to have more spending money at the parks for gifts for the kids and stuff :).

Thanks a bunch!

Debbie

Florida
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Days Inn, Old Town...what can you tell me?

Living approximately 45 min. away from Kissimmee I sometimes go there for a weekend away from home. I have stayed at the Day's Inn Suites (which by the way is/has changed its name to Old Town Suites).... several times. This is definitely run down.... however, It has been clean when I've stayed there . No problem with the pool, bedding, etc. The last room I stayed in there .... worst problem I saw was the wall paper peeling from the bathroom wall. If you are wanting SPACE..... (living room, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom), for an economical price.. this is the place to reserve. A few of the staff at check in have been consistantly rude...........but there are a few wonderful ones there as well. After check in there is an area to redeem a coupon for an Old Town Coupon Book. It includes so many free tickets for rides, per staying guest at the hotel. They will also try to get you to go view a Time Share... I ALWAYS refuse.

Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Days Inn, Old Town...what can you tell me?

hi,

Thank you for replying to my post. We have decided to book at Summer Bay Resorts. My friend got us a time sharing room and is only charging me $300 for a one bedroom for the whole week.

Has anyone ever been here?

Thanks

16. Re: Days Inn, Old Town...what can you tell me?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 09:19
Get answers to your questions about Kissimmee