We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clearwater Beach vs. Daytona Beach

Chicago
Level Contributor
122 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Clearwater Beach vs. Daytona Beach

My wife and I would like to take our four kids to the beach at least one day when we go to Florida the 2nd week of June. What are the pros/cons for going to Clearwater and Daytona? Thank you all in advance for your posts. Take care and God bless!!!

><> SavnOne <><

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,686 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clearwater Beach vs. Daytona Beach

Daytona

Pro: closer

Con: cars drive on the sand

Clearwater

Pros: more beautiful beach, slightly warmer water

Con: farther away to drive

These are not the only two options.

orlandosentinel.com/travel/…4514450.story

Kissimmee Florida
Destination Expert
for Kissimmee
Level Contributor
3,536 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clearwater Beach vs. Daytona Beach

Savn One, do the kids surf? If they do, the east coast, Daytona, Cocoa is better. If they don't Clearwater is better.

If you are staying in the WDW area, the difference in driving time is not as great as some locals would have you believe.

My favorite beach for kids is Fort DeSoto's north beach in St Petersburg.

CTR

zephyrhills fl
Level Contributor
110 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clearwater Beach vs. Daytona Beach

I live along the Gulf Cost and the Beach Water report in very bad and unsafe for the Gulf....since the oil -spill the bacteria levels of Ecoli are to dangerous.....they use to check the beach water every week but the levels are so high that the Beaches would have to be closed?....so the Gulf cost I do not go and will not let my kids go, The Atlantic Beaches are checked regularly and the water is healthy...for sea life and people

life and people

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,175 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clearwater Beach vs. Daytona Beach

Can you say "Troll"? I knew you could.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clearwater Beach vs. Daytona Beach

Reply #3. Has reality mixed up with some sci-fi movie. Zero of what was said is true.

6. Re: Clearwater Beach vs. Daytona Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2015, 06:15